Nirvana

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by spillee86, Nov 6, 2012.

1. holy fuck. spot on.

2. Yay Nirvana is my favorite band but I haven't listened to them in a long time because I got tired of the songs

3. Indeed, yay.

4. Nirvana desperately needs some new material. So do The Doors, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Sublime and so many more. Man, the concerts in Heaven must be amazing.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nirvana was a good band in a sea of good bands of that era. Overrated w/ out a doubt but I guess that's an easy claim to make about any "big" band because the gap between those bands and the bands not many know about is quite massive usually.

Side note: The foo fighters used to be good (on par with Nirvana I'd pretty much say) and now suck ass

6. #29 Dub C, Jul 3, 2022
    Last edited: Jul 5, 2022
    I don't think I've paid attention to them since In Your Honor. I feel that's the way a lot of bands go though. Paul McCartney even acknowledged this when I saw him in concert last month. He'd said something along the lines of "we know you want to hear the old stuff from The Beatles, but we don't care, were still gonna play some of our newer stuff."

Think of any concert. People don't want to hear the new crap, they just want to hear the classics that made the bands or artists popular. I guess the advantage that bands like Nirvana and Sublime have is that they weren't around long enough to have a decline like that.

• Agree Agree x 1