NIRVANA Northern Lights Fem

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Craig556, Mar 18, 2016.

1. High Growers
    This thread is aimed for anyone who has experience in growing a Northern Lights strain, particularly fro Nirvana Seeds. I have two plants under a 250W HPS they still very young four nodes only.
    My space is somewhat limited (2'x2'x3'). I have two questions re this strain:
    1 - How severe is the stretch when flipping the light cycle? I am going to do a scrog so I am trying to get an idea how long i should veg these girls to fill the scrog (size is 2'x2') without overcrowding but at the same time using up most/all of the available space.
    2 - How bad is the smell during bloom? Can i get by without a scrubber?
    Any advices will be extremely appreciated.
    Thanks Northerners ;)

2. I grew four northern lights from ILGM on my last run, i flowered them at 14 inches and they ended up around 3 feet. Even with my scrubber you could smell them 15 feet from my front door outside lol. I have a shitty carbon filter in that box though so a good one should do better i'm hoping. They were pretty dank smelling by the end. i'd say if you vent outside you can probably get away with the odor but if you are just venting into a room in your home no you need something to help with odor other than the filter.

3. Thanks for the usefull tips!! Much appreciated

4. Im on about day 15 flower with Nirvana NL and the stretch has been very minimal and the smell while noticeable isnt very strong. I do use a carbon scrubber because the i could smell it outside the grow room a little but not strong enough that it can be smelled far away from the grow room.

5. First of all, you're growing under the wrong light spectrum for these plants to be in veg. HPS lighting is used only for the flower cycle. You need to switch over to HID, CFLs or LEDs for the veg cycle or your plants aren't going to do very good. And yes, the smell during mid to late flower is incredible. I don't know what your setup involves or how concerned you are about others smelling it, but if it is a concern and you really need to hide the smell, buy a scrubber. The last 2 or 3 weeks of flower are laden with that musky scent they put off and it's not something you can easily mask. TWW

6. You can veg under hps. Several growers do and do just fine

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yeah I heard about the blue spectrum being better for veg, originally had them under a bank of cfls about 200W total. 27K. I just worried that the under leaves dont get enough light. The exhaust air is ducted into the ceiling and escapes through little gaps to the outside world. I might have to invest in a scrubber if it becomes a problem. Im hoping the scent drifts up and away. Ill be prepared for the worst though. Perhaps I should start a journal. Did you guys top or fim your girls? Im planning on doing that once the fifth node is developed.
    As always thanks for the tips!!

8. Blue spectrum would help keep them bushy short and also I hear is better for getting females. I'm with you on cfl's not being powerful enough... Post a pic when they done lol how do you think these would do outside?

Sent from my hand using A phone.

9. If smells a concern get a carbon filter. The smell is going to go where it goes and you won't stop it until its already an issue. Better safe then sorry here. Saving $$ isn't something to mess with if the potential outcome is being found out.

10. I was hoping to get by without one , seeing that its a small grow op only two plants. But i know when u open a bag of good indoor shiz that smell is wild. Imagine two lil bushes. Ill make my own out of soda empties. Something is better than nothing. Where I stay they damn expensive to buy. Thanks for the responses!

11. They're cheap compared to getting found out. the price of a quality filter/fan is far less then the alternative. I buy phresh brand filters and they're one of, if not the most important part of my grow.

• Like Like x 1