Nightmares that benefit you

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by iDope, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Okay, so these past few weeks, I have been on hydrocodone. Now I have been having some pretty fucked up nightmares, but last nights dream actually helped me. I have multiple nightmares in a row when im on hydrocodone, dont know about you guys, but for me, thats what I get, endless nights of gruesome images.

Last night, was the same ordeal, but one particular nightmare was about me being bitten by 10+ brown recluses everywhere on my body. My skin started to necrophate as soon as i was bitten and there was a funny tingling sensation on my right knee. Thinking its still a nightmare I am watching myself slowly necrophating and the bones slowly being visible from the rottigng muscles. The tingling got worse on my right knee, and I woke up sweating everywhere. Checked the knee, and holy shit I find 3 spiders right there walking over my knee/thigh and I fucking ended their lives by smacking them as hard as I can. God knows what kind of spiders thery were, maybe a brown recluse cause I saw one a few nights back next to my bed post, but shit, this special gruesome nightmare saved my ass from being bitten...

Post some of your nightmares that helped you (although this is uncommon)

2. When I was really little (about 5 years old) I had a nightmare that there was a wolf in my room and I got up to get out and I was scrambling to get out of my room. I sleptwalked out of my room and into the bathroom where I locked the door and passed out in the bathtub. When I woke up, I was wondering where the hell I was and my mother told me 2 men had broken in through my window and robbed the house and they were armed with baseball bats.

3. I have nightmares when I take hydrocodone too :eek:

I have another friend who has the same problem. What is that crap?

Recently instead of nightmares I had a dream that literally lasted for hours. Most of my dreams last seconds, but it honestly felt like I had lived a dream in real time, with details that I remember, dreaming for 6-ish hours in which I was actually asleep. My wife said I slept "hard" all night long. It was very strange :confused:

4. Holy shit :eek:....this really makes me think.

5. One time I was dreaming that I was flying on a tye-dye colored roach-dragon, then I woke up and realized I fell asleep on my tye-dye colored roach-dragon - luckily I woke up before falling off!

I suppose it wasn't really a nightmare...

6. Nightmares are part of what keep you alert, aware and afraid. Being afraid can be good if you know how to use it... because it can motivate you to be careful. However, when nightmares are reoccurring, gruesome and keep you from sleeping that is an entirely different story.

Personally I have those kinds of nightmares every night. They rob me of a lot of the sleep I need... keep me wide-eyed in bed shaking with a cold sweat. Just a suggestion; when traumatic events ravage your life... talk to somebody. Try and deal with those problems instead of keeping them locked up. Eventually they come back out to fuck you over. I think that's why I have the same fucking nightmare every single night.

7. opiates do that man...it happens to alot of people

idk if this had anything to do with it but i used to get sleep paralasys..i am not sure if thats what its called but what would happen was i would be awake but my body was asleep and i would have to like waddle and try to move for a while before i was awake

and in dreams i would feel panickstricken and not know what is goin on

i dont really do opies anymore though so its not a problem..

8. Have you talked with anyone yet?

9. Yeah. But I did not for 3 years of my life. So now it has done permanent damage.

10. Um is it the pin and needle feeling? I get that every night on my legs and hands. It sucks, cause I can rarely get up, but once I do, the pin and needles fade away. And yeah, one dream felt like a week, cause i remember in my dream, I feel asleep in my dream and woke up again, but this was all in my dream. Kind of interesting, although the feedbacks with the pins and needles, and a mild headache suck

11. Glad to hear you got help when you did, and didn't go another 3 years.

12. Now that was a beneficial nightmare. And mindboggling at that!