Nigerian Puppy Scam (Beware)

Discussion in 'General' started by Digu Miki, May 24, 2013.

1. #21 SassyMelassy, May 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 24, 2013
    *You mean THEIR. Most Americans can't use their single language properly, either.  :rolleyes:

2. Sending the dog on a plane?  That should have been another red flag lol 

3. I can agree its not most but I'd say a good majority, and I hope your kidding in terms of intelligence the United States is close to the bottom of the list when it comes to 1st world countries... Our country as a whole is down right stupid, we are in debt and owned by numerous other countries.

4. I love when people resort to nitpicking simple errors, I'm on my phone not paying attention to close detail. You know being that i'm on a stoner forum not writing a paper.

5. #25 SassyMelassy, May 24, 2013

It's basic fucking English and you're in here insulting an entire country full of people, blanketing us all into one group. It's bullshit. IF you want to accuse people of being ignorant, you should try not to embody it.

6. [​IMG]

Hmm, he claims to be in this Country too. May be an environmental thing. Perhaps the majority of the folks in his circle/around him are like that and he believes the whole Country is similiar.. :smoke:

8. #28 i liketrees, May 24, 2013
    most is the same thing as majority.  calling people stupid while making mistakes like these doesn't make you seem very credible.

and you completely missed the point of that comment.  I said MORE (as in, overall numbers not percentages) because there are way more overall people here.  it seems to outsiders that we're all stupid because there are so many stupid people here.  but there are also plenty of intelligent people.  everybody loves pointing out the stupidity here, but nobody ever seems to mention that we also have the most presigious universities in the world.

obviously, in any country, stupid people outnumber smart ones.  not sure why everyone gets on america about it.

9. Feel free to back up your "knowledge", by saying thousands I was understating it.

http://www.toptenz.net/top-10-internet-scams.php

Would love to provide more if you want it Mr. high and right.

10. I'm not disagreeing if you, I'm included in this ignorant undereducated country.

11. Getting a little butt hurt there? Calm down. You stated thousands a day, the story has slightly less than a 1000 per day and does not differentiate by location. Not only that but they are not stating that folks that got scammed are stupid.
    In fact they are stating that even smart folks can be fooled. You failed in presenting proof. :smoke:

According to scambusters.org, “being smart is NOT enough to protect yourself from Internet scams.”

12. Smart people can be naive and gullible.
    Especially if they're emotionally vulnerable as OP's mother obviously is.

13. #33 m18, May 24, 2013
    I dont know why I escalated this into a big argument, haven't smoked in a month and going to work sorry if I annoyed any of you, have a good night.

I think there is truth in both of our stances.

14. Pretty sure shelters have puppies.

15. Wow.  I'm sorry, but that's the oldest trick in the book and it's sad people are still falling for it.  Tell me, was the Nigerian dog breeder also a prince?

16. Nah a Pastor. :rolleyes:

17. What's so hard about going to the pet store or an offical website that's trusted? This happens to so many people

18. Even intelligent people can do stupid shit at times, I'm certainly not one to judge. Nice that the OP would replace the money though, now that's what family is all about.

19. #39 BudButler, May 24, 2013
    sorry but anytime i get anything from Nigeria i instantly assume it's a scam
    next time goto your local shelter those animals actually need love now

20. I've been looking for a car and one offer seemed incredible, a very nice, new car for pretty cheap. We called the number and it was an "oceanographer" at sea who wanted us to send her the money, then she'd ship us the car, which was supposedly up in Washington even though she's out at sea. This was something we found in the Portland Craigslist.  :rolleyes: My grandpa told them how stupid they must be to think he was that stupid and hung up.  :laughing: