Nicotine is a Horrible Drug!

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by TexRx, Dec 25, 2011.

1. #1 TexRx, Dec 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 25, 2011
    So, I quit smoking cigarettes a couple yrs ago and my health and life have greatly improved!!:hello:

But I recently saw an electronic cigarette at my local smoke shop and got curious :eek: Too curious

Curious enough to buy an e-cig and have a 2 day relapse on just nicotine - no smoke

Luckily I hated it and quit and threw away the e-cig kit

Well, a couple months later I got the urge again for some reason and I just had several day relapse with a newly bought e-cig kit

And again, i fucking hate the shit! I've been up all night, I've got a head-ache and my hand smells like e-juice. Even after just a few hrs w/o a drag, I feel much better! The shit makes me moody, irritable and just bad shit all around!! And the damn fake ciggy is like sucking on a dildo!

So, broken and into the trash goes!! A kinda costly fling! But at least now I know I don't like e-cigs! :cool:

I'm developing a bad taste for e-cigs now which is a great thing! I'm so glad! Cuz I wanna quit for life!

:)

2. Sell it to someone?

3. #4 TexRx, Dec 25, 2011
    ^^^The shit's broken in my trash so I won't use it anymore. Un-usable as I type. Addiction calls for extreme messures!

I do still have 2 bottles of e-juice intact if you're considering me giving something away here!!

[good riddance ya fucking demonic drug!]

4. I believe BadKittySmiles did something on converting those nasty nicotine delivery devices into healthy THC delivery devices! :D Run your own search- I'm feeling lazy! lol :p

Granny :wave:

5. I been a smoker for three years but my problem is I absolutely love it. Only way I can see myself quitting is when I have kids. But I was with family for the holidays yesterday and my uncle had the e-cig. I was always curious about it. He was a big supporter for it in terms of using it to quit the real thing. I dont know much about it but I figured it has to be much healthier than smoking cigarettes. He let me try it and I really dont think its worth it. Its not much like cigarettes at all. Got to pull on it way too hard, smoke tastes different, its just not right. Was kinda disappointed, but I think if I am going to quit it is the method Ill use since I really love smoking. But I think the only people who would like the e-cig are people who were never addicted to cigarettes and smoke it as a novelty every now and then to relax and bring it to parties and stuff

6. Somewhere I saw a hash tincture made to use in a refillable e-cig but I don't have easy enough access to hash in Texas. I'd love to be growing my own so I can experiment w/ cannabis but that just isn't the case here in Texas. It can get really expensive paying top dollar!

I would really like try it, tho!

7. How can people get addicted to cigarettes they so nasty...

8. Word.

9. same way you're addicted to responding to every thread that mentions nicotine so you can bash all cigarette smokers saying they're the scum of the earth :rolleyes:

10. #11 TexRx, Dec 25, 2011
    ^^^ Hey, now! This isn't no Lil B thread in tha music hall! We's being legit!

I kid! I kid! But really!... The shit's kinda bad for ya is all! It's not the smoker, it is the tobacco itself that is scum! ..Not the user of it!

11. Congrats on putting down the nicotine! I've never been a tobacco smoker much myself, the rare cigar over the years, but I've seen first hand time and time again what a challenge it can be.

Making your own hash is simple and very rewarding, and if you don't want to invest much into making it ( at least before knowing if it's something you're interested in), all it takes is just $6 or so for a 100u/micron nylon bag, and of course however much herb you can afford. :)
    Just grind it in a coffee grinder if you have one, it's a good investment for a toker who rolls joints anyhow, then keep exposed to the air in a dry, moisture-free area for a half hour to an hour, then sift to your hearts content. You can easily make 10+ grams in a fifteen to twenty minute period with a small mesh bag, and enough canna. Using dry-ice, very carefully, you can make even more hash even faster!

I almost always sift my own, usually the same day I plan to use it, taking just a few minutes to shake some out right before I pop it into the oven to decarb it for a recipe.
    I just put on a little music, or a show or a documentary.. something concerning the ocean, maybe with David Attenborough or Stephen Fry, narrating.. and before I know it I have a small mountain of high grade kief. :)

[​IMG]

Once you've sifted as much as you can, you can even 'reuse' the waste herb by making a weak edible oil, which is good for high oil content recipes that produce only a few servings, such as pasta sauce, or even by vaping the post-sifted herb (I prefer to vape, rather that smoke the material once the majority of its goodness has been removed, but it's different for everyone and you may not mind smoking it).

If you know a supplier who carries still-reasonable, but low grade herb for cheap, those folks frequently don't realize what it's worth when it comes to hash... try to make a deal, for a bit of bulk. You can often make gold from what looks like scraps!

I know your e-cig has already bit the dust, but just in case you (or anyone else) may be interested in the future, here are a few links. :smoke:

Photo Tutorial: Med Grade Glycerin Tincture

E-Cigs: A Photo Tutorial using Hash Tincture

[​IMG]

Concentrates and hash are ideal for making glycerin tincture, that you intend on using in an e-cigarette personal vaporizer.. these tinctures come out much more concentrated, and a bit 'cleaner', than tinctures made with flowers.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

E-Cigs: A Photo Tutorial using Hash Tincture

[​IMG]

(And a pipette, as promised... I buy them by the thousand, use them only once each, sterilize them, and then give them to patients who need them but can't find/afford them. Seems better than just tossing them out [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To jesse420, it's true, quitting smoking is an immense challenge. What it's good to keep in mind though, is that your body has been exposed and is addicted to many more chemicals, than the simple nicotine alone, which the e-cigs do very successfully deliver.
    Not to mention the act and sensation of combustion, itself.

In order to sucessfully quit smoking tobacco, while using an e-cig to manage the nicotine cravings (similar to using a patch, or gum, which certainly does not emulate the smoking sensation!), you really need to be serious about wanting to quit in order for it to work.
    If you expect too much, or rely too heavily on the device, it's absolutely going to be a disappointment when compared to what your body and mind has been exposed to, for x-number of years. :)

Many lifelong smokes have used e-cigs to quit successfully :hello:

Aside from the addiction, it's also still always going to be a personal choice whether you even want to quit or not, but if you ever do decide you'd like to give them up, don't discount the e-cig too quickly. :eek:
    Besides the nicotine they provide, and that you can slowly decrease the amount over time, you may find (if times get tough, and you're feeling impulsive) that the hand-to-mouth action may help you a lot more than the gum, or another product.

But if you can quit cold turkey, all the better :D

Happy Holidays by the way, guys! I meant this to be a bit more brief than it turned out, especially where I may be having company soon.. Sorry for that. Cheers! :wave:

12. #13 TexRx, Dec 25, 2011
    I may try to get a bunch of nice compressed brick that is readily available here and then try to make some hash! It's actually some decent stuff for bric and works well in my SSV vaporizer!

Vaping some great herb is something that really helped me quit smoking

13. Oh man, you think E-cigs are bad, the other stop smoking aids (that you eat) are even worse. Those lozenges taste like shit and make your mouth/throat feel SO weird O.O

But it helps I suppose. I'm battling a Nicotine addiction myself. I haven't been able to give up the cigs entirely, even with he aids, but I'm down to about 3 or 4 a day, and that's coming down from at least a pack a day. So I suppose I'm not doing too bad with that.

14. Most aids didn't really help me much

You really have to have the determination and motivations to quit. The aids can ony help you achieve your goal, it won't quit for you

And it's just like any other drug addiction....you can have a craving show up even yrs after quiting

Quiting has to become part of your daily life....I'm in recovery from nicotine/tobacco

15. #16 nascarfan, Dec 25, 2011
    I know. I have motivations, I'm pretty determined. I've just accepted that fact that I couldn't come down off a pack a day habit without cutting back first. The withdrawls were actually pretty bad for me. But I'm working on it. Once I get down to two a day, Ima ride the suppliments full time. The lozenges actually do help quite a bit; much more than the gum.

Seriously though, it was a reality check when I took a look at my habits, and realized just how much I was smoking. A pack a day is in excess, even if I didn't want to quit. There's absolutely no reason for that extravagance, and I'm actually kind of disgusted with myself that I let it get that bad. That's also A LOT nicotine a day to quit all at once. I've always failed in my previous attempts quitting like that, even with the aids. So this is a different approach for me, and honestly I think it's working.

I don't smoke enough to really feel "good" as a relative term, but I smoke enough to keep the withdrawls from getting too bad. And like I said, the lozenges are helping me a lot. In terms of health, I can already feel the difference even though I'm still smoking a bit. I have more energy, I'm breathing easier. I won't wreak of smoke 24/7 anymore. I'm spending much less money (average $5.50 a pack where I live, even so a pack a day works out to like $200 a month!). In all, it's actually kind of nice.