nickel trick in grinder

Discussion in 'Other Smoking Accessories' started by Dankatron, Mar 28, 2009.

1. what is the trick i hear about it and i have no idea what people are talking about where do i put the nickel? lol

2. grinders work best if you put a nick (3.5g's) into the chamber, im pretty sure thats what youre talking about

3. i think you mean when you put an actual nickel in the kief chamber and shake it a few times to gather all the keif

4. Nope, not the kief chamber but the chamber where your ground bud sits on the screen. Throw a dime in there and you'll be set. I've found nickels are too heavy and over time can make your screen flimsy and impressionable.

5. so why should i put a dime in my grinder again? what will that do?

6. I've only hear putting a knickle or dime above the screen the bud sits on and the shaking.

So that it hits the screen nd makes the keif fall out.

7. When you grind your bud put a nickel in the chamber where the bud is and close it up and shake it realllllly hard. Then after you shake it look how much more kief is in the kief chamber. I do this shit all the time and it works.:smoking:

8. haha.

9. so put it above the screen, with some grinded up herb in with it... shake it, and (keef, keif, kief, etc. lol) galore?

cool, ill give it a try.

10. That's the jist of it my friend. Keep in mind though, the more you shake and slam it, the less kiefy your nugget will be.

11. wow you win stupid statement of the month... right behind waterfall guy. 3.5 is an eith. a little more than a dime. about twice as much as a nick. seriously man...

12. Calm down.

13. another thread asking this question? haha, the nickel doesn't give you THAT much more kief, its just a maximizer.

14. I prefer good 'ol mini scissors and a shot glass for my dank.
    Though EDIT sent me this free rasta color plastic grinder with storage on the top that I use for mids.
    I have a kief grinder, I just prefer to smoke it all at once.
    Though the dime/Nickel trick a a great idea for a quick topping.

15. Don't chance breaking your screen, check my sig's tutorial instead.

16. tried it, work decently. no obvious damage to the screen. Yummy Keif. Just scrap it up and toss it over a bong hit... :bongin:

17. I prffer to use a Mexican Peso Coin its bigger than a dime, has no ridges and yet its smaller than a nickel

18. Aren't coins like really dirty? Considering all the hands they've gone through...:confused:

19. Yeah definitely

Plus, does this really work better than using a little paintbrush after you grind to unclog the screen?

20. I used to keep a shekel in my grinder. my grinder was too small for a nickel. Anyway, supposedly it'll knock kief off the bud while it sitting in the chamber, therefore creating more kief. but that means ur not smoking it with ur bud. then someone told me that when u shake a grinder with the coin in it, it'll bang around and knock the kief off of the sides onto an through the screen.
    IMO, this does nothing. doesn't make more kief, doesn't help anything and there is no need for it. its now an urban myth type thing. Plus, when i used my shekel it was made of some metal that stuck to the magnet in the grinder sooo....it just got in the way