Nickel in the grinder?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by SilenceDestroys, Jan 29, 2014.

1. So, I've heard the myth around in a few places; if you have a nickel around, you put it in your grinder, on top of your kief catcher. Doing this supposedly increases the amount of kief you get out of it. I was doubtful when I first heard it, but everyone who told me about it swore by it. So, I tried it for myself figuring, "What's the worst that could happen?" So I tried it... And it worked. Maybe I just think it worked because I was hoping it would, but I swear there was more kief than I was expecting. Has anyone else heard this before, and actually tried it/ experimented with it? If so, what did you get for trying? Is there fact to it, or is it one of those old wives-tale things? If it works, does anyone know why?Sent from my HTC One using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. It works by knocking the trichs off your bud and knocking small pieces of plant material through the screen. Putting a nickel in your grinder will lower the quality of your bud and kief. It's better to just wait it out so your bud stays at it's highest quality and your kief will be bomb. Don't try to push kief through the screen, don't put a nickel in there and don't shake your grinder it all affects the quality. The screen is really to catch loose trichs. It's not meant to be used like a dry sieve screen.