Nice Aquascaping

Discussion in 'General' started by Budder81, Aug 21, 2008.

1. #1 Budder81, Aug 21, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2008
    This guy Takashi Amano, makes fish tanks mimic nature but cleanly.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is how I want my place to look....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wow, thats honestly breath taking. I would love to have a fish tank like that.

3. That is pretty tight. First thing I want to blow my money on is a ridiculous fish tank.

4. Makes me wanna go spear fishing again.

5. that
    shit
    is
    BANGIN!!!

kewl stuff man!

6. that is awesome

7. Those look amazing. Type of thing you could get blazed for and stare all day. Looks so relaxing....watch the fish swim around like birds.

8. Thats str8t shit. We only got 2 30's and 2 10's right now, but wait till we get our own place and I make my walk in aquarium. The whole room will be a tank with a walk in dome place in the center of it. I've already got it blueprinted out and know how to mold the plexi I'll need for it.. I'm not as good as that guy but I don't exactly have the money to be that creative yet.[​IMG]

9. Here's a quick look at the idea of my room aquarium
    [​IMG]

10. Not the same creator, but this fish would look nice in one of his tanks. Too bad you aren't allowed to keep one in the US.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Fish from before the dinosaurs
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the badass, they do get bigger than the fishing pictures, known to max at 3 meters.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. Woah! I want one!

12. Haha, I like the igloo idea. I have the same idea, instead of having a fishtank in my house, I want my house inside a fishtank.....:hello:

13. holy fuckin shit.....:eek:

thats just.....whoa...wish i could catch one....where r they again?? lolz

14. There are some pretty tight small sharks you can get too.

15. The first 3 are arowana fish, they are from asia, they are considered good fortune or something like that. Illegal.

The prehistoric fish is ornate bichir, there are many species of bichir, ornate just looks really dope. You can find these at most mom and pop tropical fish stores, or something similar.

The last one is a snakehead, most are bought at 3-6 inches, but they are truly monsters. Not even afraid of humans, in fact, other way around. Feeding them requires trickery. Illegal.

16. Wow, great post!! Those are some amazing setups.. +rep

17. what is this called, aquascaping?
    that sounds like an interesting hobby.

18. Stoners are always drawn to this sort of stuff, just like discovery channel.

Aquascaping requires some effort though, maybe even decent $.

19. fixed.

20. Aquascape requires some decent cash no doubt. We've got a couple hundred dollars a piece in our 2 30 gallon tanks and we got most of our flat rock out of the river when it was low. The plants and the fish are what cost the money. Not to mention the filtration systems thankfully I've built most of my own filtration systems from scratch. Not difficult to do if you have good water pumps. But it doesn't always have to be expensive. I've seen some nice tanks with next to nothing in them. Right now I'm working with Plexi to build custom shaped tanks. Plexi-Glass is 17 times stronger than glass which means thinner pieces to hold more water pressure. Also you can shape Plexi. I'm going to be making a 3 tier tanks that waves soon. Then when we get our place I'm going to make my aquarium room..