Next step?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by koochieboy420, Apr 29, 2011.

1. So I just germinated 4 seeds they popped 4/25 overnight and were put into two Dixie cups in miracle gro soil that had been flushed 4/26 with plastic bags on top to keep humidity in, when should I be expecting sprouts? And does light matter I'm still finishing my box so I've been putting them on a windowsill during the day and under some shitty led lamps I got cheap at night, please tell me I'm not killing them??

2. I would give it at least a few days, if they aren't sprouted, I myself would keep them in complete darkness just to keep the moisture in. Once they sprout and the first true leaves appear, I would put them under fluorescents or harden them off in your windowsill.

3. Oh and next time invest in some good soil, Miracle Gro isn't what its made out to be...

4. Good chance that Miracle Gro will kill them, it's loaded with ferts that usually are too strong for baby MJ sprouts.

And one seed per pot...

5. Exactly. No more than one seed per pot ... and MG is most likely going to kill your babies.

6. i used mg soil and it didnt kill my sprouts. but mine was organic, so prolly less strong then the regular mg soil.

7. Yeah I have the organic mg the nute ratio is like .1-.05-.05 or so it should be fine my buddy grew in it and gave me his leftovers.

I already have 2 seeds per pot, when can I transplant??

8. Ok sorry about this double post but they just sprouted and they look freaking weird. Their all about half an inch or less sprouted and their bent towards the ground at the top is that normal?? One of them is also a kind of purplish color on bottom of the leaves...what are normal sprouts supposed to look like I guess is really my question. And I mean only a few hours sprouted cause they weren't sprouted as of 4 in the morning and I checked them at 9 and they were

9. Heres what I would say a normal looking sprout would looks like...
    [​IMG]

Some odd looking ones I have
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I would say just let them grow and they should be fine in about a week

10. Yeah mine all kinda look like the second weird one but different idk they have small round leaves but they bend like they can't support the weight. Could it be from lack of light? They germed way faster than I was prepared for and I've been behind on getting my grow box done so their just on a window sill now

11. The second one is actually a few weeks old, it's one of my mutants haha. How much light are you giving them a day? Is it direct/indirect? Also whats the climate in your area like? I really wouldn't worry at this early of a stage...

12. Their on a windowsill during the day and under some crappy led lamps at night but tomorrow I'm getting them under 150 watts of cfl. I'll probably start up a grow journal I'm taking pics and whatnot