Next State To Legalize?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Biltwellnigga, May 2, 2014.

1. Seems like Illinois is up next...which is a big fucking surprise.

Southern states moving ahead faster than other states.

How's Florida doing?

2. I would assume that the next states to legalize are the ones up and down the west coast. 

3. It's going to be org and alk. No other states are even close.

4. Yeah Oregon is currently gathering signatures and Alaska is voting on it this November. I also just read the other day that DC got approved for signature gathering.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. I'm guess next state to go legal like Colorado and Washington I say California, Maine ,Rhode Island Or Mass.  I'm hoping  Connecticut pulls a come from behind win.    Crap shoot is Alaska.

6. I don't know, Alaska might have a decent chance at legalizing because I've read that there's a good amount of Alaskans that support it. California won't even have a chance to vote on it until 2016 because every ballot initiative for this year failed to collect enough valid signatures and didn't have enough financial backing to make it onto the November ballot.

7. Ca won't be next. It will probably be one of the last.

8. Recreational, def Oregon or Alaska.

Medical, well I dunno all the states voting on it, but I think Florida will pull it off just barely

9. The patch of states on the east coast consisting of and not limited to the Appalachian Mountain region - Kentucky , North Carolina , South Carolina , Virginia , WestVirginia , Georgia .....ive been saying for years those would be the last states or at least bring up the rear in any real marijuana legalization issues .

10. PA's next.

Sent from my garage-run gynecology office using Grasscity Forum.

11. Virginia will be dead last. I hear NC has a lot of outdoor growers though.

Sent from my garage-run gynecology office using Grasscity Forum.

12. LOL they don't want it legal in Cali..

All those rappers like B-Real talking about they want it legal in Cali...are lying their asses off.

13. Florida just passed a low CBD bill and the governor is expected to sign it.  VERY limited bill in scope and outreach to those who are in need.  Amendment 2 is on the ballot for Nov with the polls showing and 80% approval by Floridians.  The end play of the CBD bill passage will be a topic during the campaign.  United for Care has a solid core of volunteers and I think Amendment 2 will pass and provide a more broad outreach to those in need.

I was raised and lived in western North Carolina for 25+ years - in the foothills at the base of the Appalachian Mountains .  

Absolutely Stunning Views in the Fall . A Lot of great memories there .

ive said many times nc would be one of the last . I hope im wrong , I hope the federal government comes out tomorrow and legalizes across the board but I doubt it ha . 

15. Whichever states are next, it is cool that we are even talking about this. 20 or even 15 years ago, legalization seemed damn near improbable. Just shows we are slowly moving in the right direction.

That's the catalyst that would really set things into motion. The whole "CONGRESS says it's a Schedule I drug (no health benefits, highly addictive and damaging)." argument is what's really holding everything back. "Congress" says. We should all laugh at that. Congress also used to say that separating whites and blacks in schools was a right granted by the Constitution.

17. Well I guess it's basically already legal in CA for recreational use since it's so easy for anyone over 18 to get their card, and there's no sales tax at dispensaries. So I guess if a ballot measure to legalize recreational use passed, everyone would just be saying yes to more rules and paying very high sales tax.

18. The gov't can't have it both ways...legally. The can't say it's a schedule 1 drug with no health benefits then let states go mmj or rec.
    On top of all that hypocrisy is the fact that they own a patent on it.   (#6630507).  Those 2 facts are in contradiction with the written federal laws.

They won't be allowed to do that very long as more states go rec. mj. and mmj.

My money is on Alaska,  they decriminalized in 1975 and is my bet for the next state to legalize.

I don't see cali changing the medical program much...maybe in 2016 we'll see??

19. my state nc is voting this month for medical!!

20. #20 Stormy Sea, May 7, 2014
    Last edited: May 7, 2014
    As an Alaskan.. this!

Currently we're like 60% yes, 40% no, in the general population.

We've voting in November, I'm pretty psyched. We were actually supposed to vote already, but those tricky politicians decided to cockblock it by failing to adjourn their session on April 20, so now it's pushed back another 120 days. Bullshit really. I guess it's good though, we can get a bit more positive info out there and spread the word.

With the current ballot, if it passes basically what'll happen is anyone over 21 can own, and sell, but it'll be taxed $50/ounce.

I don't know for sure if it'll pass quite yet since it's pretty close in the polls, but I think it's a good step in the right direction and we've definitely got a lot of publicity going on for it.

Honestly, we can already have cannabis as long as it's inside the home, since this: 
    But it'll still be a push in the right direction! Guess I gotta admit though, I've no idea what's going on with MJ in the lower 48 right now, so it could be a different state. Who knows.