Newcomers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Gr33nReaper, Sep 6, 2018.

1. How long before harvest should I try the ice water? I know flushes usually are 10-14 days before harvest but didn't know if the ice water/color change took longer than that to develop

Edit: could I try watering a male clone I took to see if it turns or is it just a female trait

-To a blooming budness, cheers

2. Stirs those roots right up! I wouldnt recommend on a weak plant, for some reason that plant out of 6 was full of colors and trichs...not sure if it was fluke, but it worked..oh this is at end of flowering during flush cycle!

3. So only one out of the batch turned colorful when you did the ice water on all of em?

4. No i only tried it on one in case it didnt work, the colors on that plant were very vivid and trichs were a difference as well, the others looked more faded still nice but no ice flush, only tried it once just to experiment it works but how well on all strains im not sure..i was growing some purple widow..she took well to the cold!

5. Fuck Yeah! Definitely gonna try that now! Thank you!

6. Hey, If I post couple pics of my sweet cheese auto will you give me your thoughts. They are about 37 days old. This is my first auto attempt with 2 free seeds I got. I have only Grown one other time besides this so just looking to see if anyone has any info. and advice. thanks. should I post full size pics or small?

7. All i did was fill 1 gallon container with ice and cold water let it sit for about 30 minutes and as soon as the lights come on...BAM slap that shit right in there! Cant remember but i think it shocked her hard enough to tighten the buds as well but nothing dramatic in bud size or tightness compared to the others.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Post either see if i or someone can help out!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Cool thanks. I was doing a bit of a test run. I have 4 more sweet cheese auto seeds and one bloody skunk I might do next. Two little ones up front are seeds from previous grow (bagseeds) that I started to veg n might flower when autos are done. tents 4x4
    20180905_134035.jpg 20180905_134047.jpg 20180905_134054.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. What exactly do you want to know?
    Will you be LST or bending or scrogging your plants?

11. And to answer jaybowings98 i tried the frozen fluah with female not a male but using the male you wont see the pistils and not sure if the gender has anything to do with it, would work most likely on a hermie plant..loll

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ganjainyourface you should do some lst on the plants and maybe top em to increase your yield!!..is the plant on the right back budding? And what about the other one? What kind of lights are you using?.....practicing this training can be highly beneficial to you now and for future crops but if in flower nevermind you could lst to get more light to the middle buds! Have you defoliated anything on the plants? LST...better to get used to it in the beggining with practice you learn how to manipulate your plants without worrying of stressing them too much! As well as most are afraid of hurting the plant but sometimes a little stress goes a long way!...start with LST and if your growing tall you may want to do some bending and tying em down, thats a little more stressful but another way to fatten colas and even out your canopy if it start to get out of control!

• Like Like x 1
  13. I will not be doing any training on these now for the most part, because they do got small buds forming. my previous grow I did. The short one I had tried to tape to the side not so successfully. Tape kept coming un done. that worked on last plants till they got bigger and I could do it other ways. I have a viparspectra 300w (136w) and yesterday I added cheap led that has lots of red and is 110w. no defoliating done. I was just showing to see if they looked up to par. ones pretty short stunted and other is stretchy a bit to me, but seeing I've never done autos maybe there normal and will turn out with nice big buds.

14. Today I did tuck fan leaf behind bottom colas on little plant so they could get a lot more light.

15. Personally if the stem isnt too hard or stiff id bend the tall one to furnish it more that will help the middle buds form tighter! Use a string if need be pierce a small hole in the smart pot and tie her down or use pipe cleaners they work wonders i use em often easily to put on and manoeuver if needed!
    I would suggest maybe defoliating a few fan leaves if they cover anything, try snipping one or 2 to see how your plant reacts to the stress! The node spacing on the tall one is definetely why id pull her down and tie her up..youll force the small branches on the bottom to become top colas competing for first place..leaves are big and shady id leave the top three and snip ones draining energy from the plants budsites, once again this is only my 2 cents if uncomfortable with manipulating the plant then let her go...they look ok to me, just a tad bit more love and you can get a little more out of her! She looks like she triggered flower fast even for an auto! When did she first show signs of flowering?

16. Just remember bending a plant is to be done slowly bend her a bit tie her up wait a few days pull her a bit more and so on...dont force when she feels stiff or tight its enough then try a bit more every few days!

• Like Like x 1
  17. She started showing signs around day 21, small plant around day 24 or 26.

18. ok im going to see what I have around to tie her down and see how she does.

• Like Like x 1
  19. So your 2 weeks going into 3 week of flower about now?
    Whats the strain?

• Like Like x 1
  20. sweet cheese auto. correct!