Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie's guide to Etiquette?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ThoughtHammer, Apr 1, 2011.

1. I've been searching the forums and I was hoping someone could post up an official "Guide to Etiquette".

As you can see from my posts, I'm a newbie and only smoked a couple of times; the last time, I wet-mouthed the pipe (looked like I had a damn dildo in my mouth) without noticing until the other guy I was sharing with just put it away after in awkward silence. Also, I didn't realize I took too large of a hit.

To save myself from future embarrassment, I was hoping there are general rules of thumbs that I can adhere to (Yeah, I have no common sense and I'm ignorant of how this sorta works. I'm willing to lose my dignity to hopefully save some other person the trouble of asking)

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go hide out of shame for killing that guy's high :hide:

2. I recommend watching some youtube videos of people smoking.

It should clear some things up,
    and direct you to some specific question to ask.

Also,
    let people that your smoking with know you are a noob,
    they should help you out.

3. Don't act cocky, seasonal smokers can tell who's a noob smoker and who isn't. Even if they don't say any thing.

Corner the bowl of what ever your smoking.

Always let the host take the first hit.

4. #1 Corner The Bowl

5. My friends made fun of me for the same thing when I started.

Don't drool on pieces. Use your lips not your mouth.
    Never smoke a whole bowel to yourself. Make sure there's enough for the next person.
    Don't steal lighters.
    Chill out and make small talk when you are high don't get giddy.

6. BE VERY CAREFUL WITH GLASS.

When a glass piece is passed to you,
    hit it and give it back.

Always be aware where the glass is so you don't back up into it or something like that.

7. this is the first thing i look for when smoking with somebody ive never smoked with. nothing worse than watching somebody torch your bowl packed with cronic. :(

i can usually tell if they're a beginner or not after they're 1st hit or two.

8. Wear something sexy as hell.

9. alot of people are hella serious about messing up rotation so to the left amd every sesh you switch directions depending on who your with.

also dont cheif the blunt.

10. 1. Pass it to the left.

2. Don't smoke more than you put down

3. have fun

11. Some kids take that shit too seriously. If they were cool they'd just call you out on it and give you a hard time and laugh about it.

12. This is a little situational but i think it's worth mentioning:

Always ask before you smoke any piece if it's okay if you can hit it.

This can make a good impression turn into a bad one. Quickly.

13. be chill is the best advice i can give. nothing makes a high take a tumble of paranoia like some jackas* acting stupid.

14. In my circle everyone will take like 5 or 6 hits off the blunt before passing.

Every cirlce is different,
    I think the best advice is to observe.

15. What me and my friends do.

Whoever rolls lights up or picks who does (my bro use to always pick me) Same for bowls.

If you paid it's your weed.You handle it.Nobody else will take it.It isn't our job to sneak it where ever or hold it.

Always pass clockwise.Two puffs.It's cool if you chief on after a bit like if one of us is pissy for whatever reason we let them do there thing.

We don't pass bowls so there is no cornering.We smoke whole bowls and then pass.

Newer rules(after being caught)

We smoke whatever we buy right then. Never bring it on base.Never drive with it.Only blunts and joints.Keep nothing but the memories.Always delete messages.

16. #16 Zef, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2011

mmmhmmm

[​IMG]

17. #17 Dopeman420, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    yeah. try not to be the first or second person cuz some people get pissy if it isnt puff puff pass.
    i think 5 or 6 is more chill personally

18. Yeah, like i said observe,
    just do what everyone else does.

Count there hits if you have to.(not out loud haha)

Everyone is gonna get to hit it plenty,
    so whats the point in passing every 2 hits? Just my circles opinion

19. #1 rule

don't be a fucking moocher. bring weed to match or if you get smoked out offer to buy the next sack.

20. just say you're an amateur and ask whatever you aren't sure about.

pay attention to who comes before and after you if smoking in a group and keep the pipe moving reasonably (you don't have to hurry, just be aware that other people want it too)

Offer to contribute money or weed to the group, avoid breaking glass pieces, and if you get the kind of high where everything you say comes out awkwardly, just be quiet and happy until you feel more like talking.

Don't pass a cashed bowl along. If it's ashy and you didn't get much from it, just tell the next person it's cashed and give it back to the person with the weed. It's up to them to reload when they want to. If you aren't sure, just tell the person after you it might be cashed. No one likes taking a big hit of nastiness, so the favor is always appreciated.

Pass the lighter with the pipe! It's so annoying when people forget, lol.