Newbie with many many questions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by AGP, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Hey guys, so I've decided to grow my own MJ this upcoming spring... and I have a lot of questions. I read many many outdoor MJ growing guides, including the ones on this website, and there are still things I don't understand or things that have not yet been covered.

There's a forest near my house, it's not dense, and does get sunlight, and there's a creek right by it, so I think it's the perfect planting place.

What type of seeds will have the highest product vs. price ratio (in other words, which cheap seeds are easy to grow and grows lots of buds?) What type of seeds are suited for the climates of New Jersey? How tall do the plants grow?

Many questions on sexing and drying and all. All articles say to get rid of male plants and keep female plants. If a plant is male, do I just pull out the entire plant? Or can a plant have certain parts be male and certain parts be female?

After harvest and drying (and I have many more questions on drying which I will get to when the time comes). Are the buds/female parts the only parts smokable? How about the leaves?

Thanks guys!

2. 1. i would just use some good bagseed for 1st grow.
    2. mj plants outside get 4-6ft tall
    3. cut the male at the stem close to the ground save the leaves throw the rest away .
    4. take the female leaves when harvesting the buds
    5. take the female and male leaves and make some hash.....

3. So when there's a male plant, I just completely destroy it (but save the leafs)?
    What are bagseeds?

4. Yes , male plants will make your female produce seeds and make low-quality weed.

Bagseeds are seeds from the weed you purchase.

5. So any type of seed from weed I buy is ok to plant? How do I know if it is not?

6. give it a bit of pressure inbetween your finger, if it pops throw it out. or you can do this with your table/desk inbetween your thumb.

set them in water overnight, the ones that sink to the bottom after a day or two will usually germinate easily, the others may or may not germinate, and if they do the chances are it will be a slow growing plant.

7. Another question.. Big Bud vs. Early Misty... which is tougher and can survive better in harsh conditions?