Newbie with horrific experience

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by union_man, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Have been a toker for 35 years, I finally decided to take the plunge (and risk) because of the lack of really good high quality bud in my area. After drooling over the different discriptions and mouth watering pictures of hundreds of strains I finally decided on God Bud from BC Bud Depot. I also decided to try to make this as simple as possible so I added the extra cost for FEMINISED seeds. My theory was I didn't want to waste the area in my limited space growing and then throwing away males.

The order was placed, 12 God Bud FEMINISED seeds $125, the beans arrived after a long 4 weeks and 1 day. I really didn't like the long delay but it gave me time to plan my grow area. $1500-$2000 later I am ready. walls covered with Sunleaves Ultra Reflect, 600 Watt diigital ballast HPS/Metal Halide combination light, fans, timers, Can 33 Combo filter, Hydro unit, chemicals I'm pumped up! YES FINALLY! The Anticipation is killing me while I glow with pure pride.

I germinate 4 seeds all four sprout, I boil my rockwool, place seedlings in, place under CFL grow light, plants erupt in 3 days. Leave under CFL for 2 weeks for root development before transferring to hydroton in hydro unit. (I read forums about vegging this variety longer because it doesn't stretch much after 12/12 cycle is started). So I veg for 4 weeks longer 20 on 4 off under my 600 watt MH. When they were 12 inches tall I switched them over to 12/12.

Now here I am 6 days after the switch, after all the time, money, work, anticipation and pride.......and 3 of the 4 plants are showing ALL MALE preflowers and 1 female preflower. These Males are not hermies they are MALE, at each and every node! From FEMINISED seeds!

I have written 2 letters to BC Bud Depot directly on their web site link, with absolutely no response! What a way to get started! I hate this already! Too bad I didn't look at the reputation of the seedbank over my appetite for some great looking ganga. Right this minute I'd like to choke the life out of the miserable bastard that ripped me off!

2. sorry man, i have never dealt with them. did you ask around and check them out first?

3. That sucks, I usually just grow from bagseed and throw the males away.

4. This is why you look at how reputable a company is before placing the order. So your beans ontop of coming LATE, arn't even femmed? That sucks. If you order beans again, the Doc wont do you wrong.

either DrChronic or Cannabean are good - nobody has problems with these guys.

5. I feel for you dude :(

But it sounds like you've got an awesome setup and you obviously know what you're doing! :D
    ..you've lost what you spent on the male seeds which is about $100, but you haven't lost what you put into the setup.

Don't give up.
    Next time go with a place recommended on GC and you'll be fine.

Good luck for next time dude!

6. http://www.drchronic.com

Seriously, the most reliable distributor out there. Sorry for your loss man, if you plan to get more seeds though, go with the Doc.

7. Wow that sux, it sounds like you got one female though. You might want to reveg and clone her instead of finishing one plant, there's lots of pros and cons but something you might want to consider.

No matter what, find every website that reviews or deals with or offhandedly mentions seed banks and let everyone know to not let these bastards get anymore money. Especially go to whatever site it was that linked you to them (hope it wasn't google).

Hope the 1/4 enjoys your setup which sounds very nice btw.

8. Um, except for macassa and morbazon420, to give two front page examples. IMVVVHO, huge banks like Doc and Gypsy get to take advantage of a sort of "branding" effect - in some cases ppl wait a week or two for the seeds they ordered just to get put in the mail, then they go online and join the ranks of buyers kissing these guys' asses for throwing in some freebies of the worst selling seed from last quarter.

LOL sorry for the rant.

9. Keep trying to contact them, or call. I've had no issues w/ BC.

10. males happen when you buy femmed seeds. you just got more of them than statistically normal.

11. Did you get confirmation from more experienced growers that these were indeed male flowers?

12. Personally, i'm questioning if this isn't just another competition seed bank, the story is a bit elaborate with the capital letters and good parentheses usage. nothing personal, its just that i've been taught to be paranoid

13. All might not be lost. Have you considered putting your 1 female back into veg lighting and take cuttings from her?

This way you could still have an unlimited number of female plants plus in about a month or so you might have several ready to start flowering. I'm just not sure how long after putting back into veg you need to wait to clone her.

If you don't have room for a mom and clones then you could probably still be able to get 5 or 6 plants flowering within the next couple of months. That would still be faster than starting over the entire ordeal and taking a chance of getting males again.

Feminized seeds are only supposed to be about 99% chance of being females. Sounds like the odds are against you. Stay away from vegas :eek:

I too have been smoking for 35+ years and also am on a quest for the highs I used to experience back in to late 60s and 70s. My first grow went awesomely well but the next grow produced a bunch of males and this grow is going slow.

good luck

14. cloning would definately replace all of the "missing" females you intended to grow.