newbie to indoor need opinions cabinet grow(pics)

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by H3rbOshin, Jun 21, 2011.

1. Alright I got this new cabinet its my first time growing indoors and I want to use cfls the dimensions are H70"xW47"xD27" I was thinking scrog or sog but before I get in over my head id like some opinions

Attached Files:

2. Sorry double damn shacky 3g network

3. if you can take those pieces of wood out and make that one big cabinet you can make a nice grow box

4. You can do LST and then SCROG if you're worried about height. I just made a thread a few minutes ago called cabinet grow design, you could use something like that..

5. Do you think there's any potential of perpetual growing in this amount of room?

6. People have done with far less, the first 2 options that come to my head is remove all the shelfs and have 1 bigger box or spilt it and have a veg and flower box.
    Also if u leave that top shelf you could run you fans to that may help if your trying to go stealth.

7. My idea was sorta like that but I was going to have a area for mothers and clones veg area and flower

8. Yah spilting the box into to areas would be the only way that i could think of for a perpetual grow. Btw i really like this cabinets setup where did you grab it?

9. 'I took that pic in lowes 128 buks

10. Alright after a few months of inactivity I finaly got some things moving As far as strain i'm going with aurora indica the description on the website for the seeds said it was a good SOG strain.

I've decided to knock out the center wall as well as lower the Top shelf and section the box into 2 or 3 shelves. One flowering shelf, one Veg shelf, And one Mother Shelf. which leads me to my first question.... i wanted to have a different section for mother plants is this a good idea or should i just keep them on the same shelf as the clones to maximize space?

Now lighting questions.....

I went to lowes and bought four 65 watt Cfls 6500k Color temp that are mongel screw in (they didn't have any 2700ks so i'm going to be ordering 4 more of those offline).Now i've hit my next problem i've been reading more about these and i'm not sure if I have to wire these through a balast. My plans were to get individual sockets for each (each having its own cord and plug) make my own reflector plugging each shelve into its own surg arrestor will this work ? keep in mind I'm still going to be running fans in each section so that would probably take up 2 more plugs per shelf.

thank you for your help in advance you guys are all i can ask so sorry for being so nooby.

I've enclosed a crude photoshop of what i want to do.

11. Shit, I just read the side of my 64 watt bulbs and it says not for use on timers does not contain ballast should i just return them?