Newbie Questions!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WillsGirl, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Hello everyone, I just joined here. I have been thinking about growing my own plants outdoors this new season. I know a little bit about growing but not much, and not enough. I have a few questions I would like to be answered and would love it if you gave me a few tips also.
    How do I know if the plant turns out to be a male or female?
    Would it be in my best interest to buy outdoor seeds from the internet?
    The soil conditions here where I live are very dry, much like red indian mud most everywhere, so should I plant them in pots?
    What other chemicals besides Miracle Growth should I put in my plants soil?
    When they refer to trimming the plant do they mean just the leaves?

Thank you for reading this and replying. I hope I can get more knowledge this way.

2. hehe, all your questions can be answered by ppl here :)

I'm not a big fan of outdoors growing, bit i did used to do it. If the soil around is really that bad then i'd say either try and dig a whole and replace it with bagged and nutrient filled soil, thats what i did. The whole does have to be sizable tho :p. Not sure if pots will work outside, if they're big enough i assume they would. male or female is decided in the flowering stage of the plant. You determin this by looking at the "V"'s of the plants, in other words, were stems branch off of the main stem. If u ask someone, im sure they'll post a pic with the differnces. Post in outdoor growing with more questions if no one answers u here. :)

3. oh I didnt think of digging a hole! I might do that to save some money hah. thank you :)

4. The female will flower with pistils it looks like a lil pod with some red hairs (pistils) The male will have pods with seeds in them. The pods on the males tend to point down. Oh and I dont think the males will have red hairs on the pods unless its a hermaphrodite.