Newbie - Questions

Discussion in 'General' started by Rhinomike, Nov 6, 2017.

1. I am a newbie. 45 years old. I smoked a little in high school. So total newbie here. I'm looking for some recreational use for me and the wife. Not looking to smoke. I don't know much about marijuana these days. I have heard of edibles. But Is there a pill available that we could take to get the same high? That would be easy and convenient. If there is What is it called? Thank you.

2. I’m not sure about a pill to give you the same effect. I’m a fan of the oil vape pens. I don’t know a whole lot about them, but I get a cartridge already filled with (very potent) oil with a mouthpiece and just screw it into my vape pen I got from a smoke shop for about $20. A couple tokes from that and I’m sure you’ll be good to go. Or fried. My dad is about 55 and he really enjoys the oil, too.

3. Thank you for the reply. The wife doesn't want to smoke anything. Thought about edibles but heard the taste is very strong. I'm trying to make it as smooth as possible for my wife. She has never done anything before.

4. It’s a lot different than smoking.. it’s not going to make you or your fingers/breath stink. It’s not harsh on your lungs either. But if your wife is against any type of inhalation method...there’s other things like tinctures and edibles.

I’ve made and bought edibles that do not have a strong weed flavor. Plenty of recipes on grasscity as well as other online sources.

5. #5 Frasier, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    Here is a recipe for Canna Caps courtesy of another GC member. You can put the mixture in gel caps for easy use.

Canna Caps.
    Decarb weed to activate. ( 240 F for 40 minutes) Weed on a cookie sheet in the oven.
    5 grams cannabis thoroughly ground (powderized if using bud)
    2.5 teaspoons cooking oil ( Coconut works best )
    .5 teaspoon lecithin ( any kind works sunflower or soy, granules, powder or liquid )
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Freeze
    Reheat
    Done

This was recommended for me because my grandfather is ill and has never smoked and doesn't lile smoking. The liquid can be measured out so you can start with a few drops and wait a few hours in between doses until you find what works for her

6. The pill is called marinol and no it doesn't work like weed does when combusted. Edibles will be too much for you both in terms of $$$ and effect (paranoia inducing). If wifey don't like the smell then listen to wifey and don't indulge.

Best way to find out is to smoke the herb anyway.

7. First off if you're in an illegal state, just try vaping, it's healthier than combustion.

But if you're in colorado or something like that try to find 100mg edibles at a dispensary, they should be perfect for a beginner to take since they are usually divided into 10 10mg doses. A regular stoner would barely get buzzed off the whole 100mg all at once.

There's candies, sodas, candy bars, and i vaguely remember taking weird pills that you could chew up if you wanted. Take a walk around a nice dispensary and you should be able to find something that you'll like.