Newbie Question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by LIL-BUDDAH, Nov 28, 2002.

1. NEED HELP UNDERSTANDING S.O.G.

I GROW IN SOIL USING A BED SYSTEM. I HAVE A MIX OF BC/BIGBUD, KALI MIST, WILLIAMS WONDER, AND WHISTLER BOMB. I PUT 60 PLANTS IN A 20/SQFT BED. WITH A1000 WATT HORTILUX HPS.
    I VEGGED FOR 1 WK USING HYDRO FUEL. THEN SWITCHED TO 6/12/6 FOR 1WK BEFORE CHANGING TO 12/12. I USE CANNA FLORES FOR FLOWEERING, IN CONJUNCTION WITH MONSTA BUD, ZYME,SUPERTHRIVE. DOES THIS SOUND LIKE A PLAUSIBLE SYSTEM? I ONLY GREW 1 CROP BEFORE,
    I NEED ADVICE

2. at a first glance i'd be concerned about the amount of fert you're using what kind of routine are you ferting them??....most people fert only after 3 weeks due to fert allready in the soil....and then every other week....however it may be different for SOG.....p.s. i might as well tell you to put the caps lock off before someone else....hope the info helps,. however one of the blades who does SOG will be able to help you better......Peace out....Sid

3. I have been giving my babies a very weak liquid fert about 1/4 dose with every watering after they got to about 3 inches. They seems to like it although they did shoot up when I went from Veggy to Flower. The tops section grew about 6 inches in 2 days so I tied up the stem figuring it will get stronger in a couple of days if not I will just tie it to chicken wire mesh converting to sog.

4. At least you started off with a weak solution....the plants can take a lot of fert as long it's slowly introduced at a weaker rate and then increased....good luck with the grow.....Peace out...Sid

5. Thank you for the voice of incouragment

6. Also I noticed the soil I use STA-GREEN has an organic fertilizer 13-6-9. They seem to like it. I use liquid miture of 16-6-6 veggy stage.

When I flower I am using a 3-60-3 dry water soluble
    mixuture I use 1/4 or less of what they suggest.

I'm gonna take some picutres cause these babies are looking good. I am concerned of course when we get to the end of the flower stage to see whats up. Fingers and toes crossed.

7. Also I noticed the soil I use STA-GREEN has an organic fertilizer 13-6-9. They seem to like it. I use liquid miture of 16-6-6 veggy stage.

When I flower I am using a 3-60-3 dry water soluble
    mixuture I use 1/4 or less of what they suggest.

I'm gonna take some picutres cause these babies are looking good. I am concerned of course when we get to the end of the flower stage to see whats up. Fingers and toes crossed.

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

Attached Files:

11. what kind of sypmtoms does a plant that is gettin too much fert get?

right now i have three little babies growing... at about a month into veggin they are only a couple inches high.. at three weeks i started using ferts... and now the tips of the leaves are drying and turning brown and curling upward... this also happened after an infestation(killed bugs using pesticides) i am using recommended fert dose... should i be using less??

12. If your asking me..I'd say what kind of lighting are you using?
    Also sounds like you may be using too much fert or the wrong kind.
    I'd water it for a while with no fert and see if it still loves you.
    Keep in mind I'm a newbie.

13. If your asking me..I'd say what kind of lighting are you using?
    Also sounds like you may be using too much fert or the wrong kind.
    I'd water it for a while with no fert and see if it still loves you.
    Keep in mind I'm a newbie.

ditto....yellowing of the leaves at that age usually indicates over fert or heat stress.....how much light , and what type are you using....as for distance to the plant...........put you're hand in between the plant and the light, if it's too hot for you're hand then it's too hot for the plant.....handy to check the temp with a little thermometer.......if the temp is o.k. cut out the feret for a bit....remember don't fert too often.....Peace out....Sid