Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Newbie needs advice

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Vinton, Nov 24, 2008.

1. I have MS and tourettes (tics) and I've applied for legal use in Canada. I can get sativa or indica pure or a mix. What would be best for spasms and tics?

Also I've read about the vaporGenie as being a safer way to smoke with less toxic effects. What is your advice?

Thanks

2. While I have no idea what type to suggest to you, I can say that a vaporizer is the best method of intake for MJ, though a VaporGenie isn't the best vaporizer on the market. That's a Volcano, and it's an investment that is well worth it.

3. #3 kushkush1, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
    if i had to take pick i would with with indica

4. #4 theSundering, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2008
    Indica dominant or purely indica strains are highly effective against pain, muscle spasms, etc. Sativas are much more in your head, with a more soaring high. Vaporizers are a fantastic choice, and as previously stated, your best bet would be a Volcano. They are 500 to 700 bucks, but you'll never have to buy another method of ingestion. If that is simply out of your range, I would go with nothing other than a VaporBrothers vaporizer. Make sure you get a legitimate one: order it off the website if you can't find a legit one in a nearby headshop. I picked up the newer hands free model of the VB (new heating element amongst other things) for $200 and it works so fantastic. Also, vaporizers aren't just "better" for you than smoking... they produce absolutely zero carcinogens when used correctly (and built correctly - knockoff brands can use dangerous, harmful metals such as aluminum, copper, nickel, etc). If you're a smoker, you can tell the difference in your lungs in like 2 or 3 days.

5. This fella here is right.