Newbie needs a little help

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by gr03en, Feb 19, 2020.

1. I posted a little while ago with a sick plant, sadly it died. I started a new one a couple of weeks ago Easy Bud. Got a little light burnt but its doing okay now. The problem is that it is really stretched. How do i make it more bushier cuz my space is limited. Im using RoyalQueenSeeds fabric pot 4l. And 40w light bulb, and a small fan. Any hell would be appreciated as it is my second grow and im very demotivated since my first plant died.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Once we get some photos......we can help:passing-joint:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. You need more light than a 40w lightbulb.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. I know i'll buy a 400 w hps but i can'/t right now. As i mentioned she got a little burnt but i think its okay now. 20200219_205933.jpg 20200219_205937.jpg 20200219_205942.jpg

5. At least use a cfl instead of an incandescent bulb.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Definitely needs more light, and by the looks of it there’s a nutrient problem judging by those yellowing leaves..
    what kind of soil? Using nutrients?
    For sure needs stronger and better lighting

7. Damn that thing stretched hella, if there’s any room left in the bottom I’d fill with soil to bury some of that stem. Def would get more light, what is temp and humidity?

8. Tim-ber. Just kidding. As everyone has mentioned you need a CFL at the least. Even a 27 watt "actual draw" bulb in a 5000k or 6500k color will give you better growth. Get a simple aluminum clamp on light for the reflector/socket and put in the bulb. Keep the bulb within 1-1/2 to 2 inches from the top leaves of the plant. It will start looking better within a week. Get a small fan to blow indirect air at it too. When you transplant you can bury the stem right up to the cotyledon leaves. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Thanks for all the tips. I've put a small fan and was thinking of lst but i think i'll break it

10. I just had flashbacks to When I was 17 and I had THAT in my wardrobe hiding from my parents lol!
    I didn’t even smoke the 1 small bud I pulled from it haha!
    Just stop it now, it’s pointless.

11. I would get rid of the aluminum foil. I’ve heard it’s actually the worst reflector and can cause hot spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  12. What happened transplant to good better soil with perlite if you have or River sand for drainage can you get calmag or like to combat calcium and magnesium deficiency good luck dont overwater

Sent from my Alcatel_5059R using Tapatalk