Newbie looking to try growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Sly, May 31, 2006.

1. Well when my friend told me you can get a couple ounces from just one plant, and given the amount of free time i have, i figured why not try it? I live in the middle of nowhere, theres almost no crime around here so theres little police coming through, and an isolated area under the right conditions would be easy to find.

I live on the eastern end of Long Island, New York. It rains from time to time here, but as it turns summer, that will change. It gets to be anywhere from 80-100 here in the summertime. I would be growing the plant(s) outdoors.

Now i have a few questions that i would greatly appreciate be answered.

1) Is it ok to use any seeds i get from a dime bag? or do i have to i order them?
    2) In order to find the right spot, what are good growing conditions?
    3) Are pot plants slow growing or fast growing? (A time range would be excellent)
    4) if any, how much money would i have to spend on this project if i want to be sucessful (keep in mind this is outdoors)
    5) How often do i need to tend to the plants?

if anyone could answer some of those questions for me, It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. I'm sure someone will answer your specific questions but here is the section for basic outdoor growing.

here

3. 1) q. Is it ok to use any seeds i get from a dime bag? or do i have to i order them?
    a. do you mean will they grow anything? then the answer is.... if they are cannabis seeds then yes they will most likely grow something! you could luck out and get a really good strain or you could get schwag, ordering seeds would definatly increase your chances of getting good bud though!
    2) q. In order to find the right spot, what are good growing conditions?
    a. good growing conditions are....... lots of sun most of the day, a secure area where neither humans nor animals can bother them, and a fresh water supply near by (or you can haul water in)
    3) q. Are pot plants slow growing or fast growing? (A time range would be excellent)
    a. im not sure if they would be considered slow or fast growing, but the plants have hormones in them that tell them to grow during the sunny months (spring, summer) and start flowering (budding) in the late summer, and fall. so for an outdoor grow starting right now, your probably looking at harvesting in september (maybe im wrong)
    4) q. if any, how much money would i have to spend on this project if i want to be sucessful (keep in mind this is outdoors)
    a. well all you really need for outdoors is a couple different sizes of pots (thats the best way in my opinion), some fertilizer for later in the growth cycle, and a soil medium. The soil medium would consist of soil, perlite, sand and some people say vermiculite.
    5) q. How often do i need to tend to the plants?
    a. the more often the better! but as long as you water them once or so a week and make sure that there getting the optimal conditions (no animals eating them, being in a nice sunny place etc) then thats probably all you really need to tend to them!

4. hey its also good to start your seeds indoor for the first 3-4 weeks then trasnplant also if I was going outdoors I would go with female seeds they have some pretty cheap ones from www.seedboutioque.com also with outdoors your container should atleast 5 gallons or higer but 5 gallonos is the minimum I think its too late to start an outdoor grow but I think you can still give it a shot if you plant ASAP