Newbie looking for help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by tubbyt92, Aug 7, 2010.

1. hi. this is my first time growing and i need a lot of help. Ill explain the situation. Im going to grow it in a metal shed in my garage. The shed is about 6 and a half feet tall and about 4 feet wide. The garage tends to be the same tempeture as whatever the outside temp is. I need to no how i can grow in this shed. What soil? What kind of light? i was thinking about getting two 100 watt MH lights. How much light? When to water? What nutrients and how much a day? feeding the plant? how can i set up my shed to grow this stuff? Thanks for all the help and sorry about all the questions. Its just where ever i go i never get consistent answers. Please help this newbie

2. no one is going to answer all those questions, your best bet is to look at all the sticked threads in the indoor growing and absolute beginer forums for some of the best info on those basic questions. The only thing i would say is instead of two 100s you should just get a 150w mh/hps system to keep temps down as low as possible

3. You passed all those answers when you went passed the stickies and made a thread brotato.

4. #4 BiggieBG, Aug 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010

Hey man, i am also new but i know some stuff. How many plants are you growing in that area? Dont get 150, its shit. Get at least a 250w MH for vegging because it has the blue spec and a 250w HPS for flowering because i has the red spec. Get a fan to blow and cool down your baby or babies. If you're tight on cash, you can get a few fluorescent tube lights or some cfl's for vegging.. but i would def recommend the HPS for your flowering. You also need nutrients for vegging and flowering, they are different for both grow stages. You can find these online, or at your local grow shop. I am using for example ALGA-BLOOM by Plagron for my flower. I water/feed about 2 times a week. There are many things you can do to improve your grow and yield but these are the basic things. Also, get reflective mylar or flat surface white paint for reflection in your grow site, that helps. There are things before harvest also which you can do (flushing with water last 2 weeks so you get rid of the chemicals from nutrients, use 1 TBSP mixed with water to fatten the buds and improve the taste of your smoke while you are not feeding ), but there is time for that later on... Stick to this for your first time and you will have decent results. Im not a pro man but those are basic things you can start with.. hope this helps, good luck :smoking:

5. HIGH All, well the Most Basic Thing of All is to make sure your Metal Shed is Light Proof...don't want it looking like this.
    [​IMG]

6. We have all been in your shoes my friend, check out my thread. I have a grow going in a grow tent in my attic. You might get some ideas. Hope this helps. Have a good day :wave:

Stepdude420