Grasscity - Cyber Week Sale - up to 50% Discount

Newbie - lighting advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by MadforBush, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Alright there guys and girls!

Although im not new to smoking green, i am new to growing it! I recently came into what ive been told are top quality seeds. Ive converted my loft into a mini grow room, made a wooden frame covered in foil for maximum light reflection. Now im simply looking to harvest enough bud for personal, couple of ounces or so would be nice, ive got 5 newly germinated seedlings all about 2 inches tall currently growing from a 60 watt incandescent bulb (HA).

Now my question is:

Ive ordered a single Dual spectrum 125 watt CFL bulb from ebay, which im gonna suspend from the ceiling into my grow box, do you think this will be enough light? or am i gonna need more? and if so, which stages of growth require the most light? and what would you recommend (bear in mind HPS/MH are out of the question, im trying to stay under the thermal camera radar if you know what i mean, and they kick out way too much heat).

Any tips would be appreciated as im totally new to this and i dont want my babies dying cos of my incompetence!