Newbie idea... Will it work?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greenthumbedbum, Jan 29, 2018.

1. So recently i have developed a taste for the wish app. On it in a stony daze i purchased a grow tent.... This thing was a monster 20180129_124643.jpg But since its what i will eventually need for a mother and her clones.... I decided to keep it. (Plus it was only 70 bucks!) Any ways my question is this... This thing is great but theres 6 ft of vertical space in there. Can i put like a table inside and create 2 levels of grow space? Im assuming the top section would be VERY succeptible to heat but with a super strong fan abd the fact that i would be growing strawberries ect not cannabis (except for popping new seeds). Thoughts? Has it been done? 20180129_124643.jpg 15172597865000hjhj.jpg 15172597865000hjhj.jpg 20180129_124643.jpg

2. Blahh growing cannabis ob the bottom but heat tolerant stuff up top.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. That’s a deep question ha I’m stoned so can’t help but I’m intrigued

• Like Like x 1
  4. Saaaame

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Maybe a visual will help i just see a ton of wasted potential vertical space in there 20180129_124502.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  6. Weed makes me ask deep questions that may or not make sence I hope someone can answer

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah but why not just go for like a 4 month veg, upgrade your lights to a couple 600 w leds, and pull a lb off each plant? The point of vertical space is to maximize your plants height. The bigger the plant, the more you'll yield. Obviously this sounds like common sense but some people just don't get it. [​IMG]

The size tent your running may seem big, but a couple years from now it will seem tiny. That's actually an average sized tent used for home production. You have a couple options but I would personally think about Scrog maybe 4 plants max. (Gnome Grows )Unless you want to run sog (chef anna ) [​IMG][​IMG]

Both those guys run the same sized tent as you but just run 2 different style. Sea of Green (sog) vs screen of Green (scrog)

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. But I figured those would help you visual your space a bit better. Your plants look really healthy and will start stretching like crazy soon. You'll definitely want to upgrade your lights though. 3 600 watts or 2 900s would be perfect. LED if your in an area with higher heat and humidity (like me)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Cannabis is very heat tolerant more than strawberries. You have a number of light leaks which will effect the 12)12 cycle unless you go with autoflowers.

10. Oh and that bottom set of pictures was taken maybe a week a part. So you'll start to lose space very fast. When I first started I thought the same thing and bought a small tent. Now I have 2 of that size and 2 of your size because you end up running out of space super quickly. Especially if you're like the rest of us and get addicted.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yeah it looks like a lot of space, but I dont see any carbon filter, extractor fan, or decent light in there. You can fill that space a bit more with a good light, and there will need to be space between the light and the top of your tent. Also those plants are very small and will fill up the tent, and then you have to factor in distance between canopy and your grow light.

If you want to grow some food Id get another tent if you have the space

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Smart man right here.

13. I see what you mean im hoping i can buy a flower tent and maybe by march i can buy some better lights (im leaning toward leds due to my california weather being rather warm but mild). Till then im hoping to rotate out into flower 1-2 clones a month so i can suppliment my current use. Of course now my favorite plant i only have 1 clone from :( shes just started her 3dd week and allready has trichome production 20180129_075005.jpg 20180129_074839.jpg Snapchat-608954129.jpg

14. Yeah you'll need better lights asap. Timber grow lights are great. I live in socal soo yeah it gets hot af. Plus I live in a small beach town. No AC in basically any building and it's a constant 60+ humidity because I like 500 yards from the beach.

15. Just so you know, you probably won't be able to successfully flower all of those out with just your cfls.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Getting addicted is right, I almost have more fun growing at this stage than I do toking haha. I first started in a 30 x 30 cm tent, with a 250 cfl for 1 plant. and thought that was perfect. Now I have a 600w led, 1000 w equivalent and 4 plants scrogged. I love adding new pieces to my set up, its a great hobby :) I'd love to have a second tent to grow some fruit and veg but that project will have to wait until I have more space/bigger place

• Like Like x 2
  17. Similar here im central coast 10 minute drive from the beach myself. I tried locating the tent on the innermost wall and my apartment tends to stay rather cool but that tent dude lol feels like a heatwave when i open it up.

18. Definitely need an outtake maybe 2... I run 2 outtake and passive intake. I've found it works better in our climate but my temps stay at around 75℉. Always cooler than my actual apt during the spring and summer.

19. Also the vertical space allows for hotter more powerful lights. You wouldn't want a T5 or big HPS so close to the canopy.

"Hey baby, I hear the blues a-callin'
    Tossed salad and scrambled eggs.."