Newbie Grower

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by weedtaculous, Nov 17, 2004.

1. Alright people, heres the deal. I'm a fresh grower, with a deserted room, and some time and a bit of money on my hands. Got into the idea from a friend (you know who you are), and got to thinking about how I long for money. Anyways long story short, I currently have a room, a fan, some extension chords...and access to fertilizer, and possibly soil and pots. Anyways I was wondering about some things, so all you veterains out there...please help.
    First off, I've gotta know this: There are so many lights to choose from, and didnt know about these new 'grow lights' that i heard about in science class while growing plants. Supposedly its better for growing because in the colour spectrum there is less green...I hope all of you understand what this means, and can tell if it would be useful, or if i should just stick with CFLs. Other than that, I need an idea for any type of specific Soil..and i hear 10-30-20 fert is the 'shiz for this biz'. Meh. Oh ya, and watering. Wats the deal with that?-how often and how much, and would a spray bottle work to keep humidity up? Oh and i think this is my last question: I'm letting you know now that this deserted room has nothing in it for a reason. It is made up of a door, with only the opposite wall stable, and 2 inward-slanting plywood walls (they arent collapsing, just built funny.) Anyways I setup a system of extension chords to get electricity into the room for the lights and fans. But what about pests in a place like this (with lots of holes for mice, and inulation foam all around, and mildew and whatnot...) Anything i can do? Ya, so thats my situation, anything will help. Oh and if anyone else around here lives in the GTA reigon of Canada it would help for some store names to pick any of this stuff up.
    Thanks, & Peace

2. lol man im the friend heheh:hippie: :hippie: :smoke: :smoke:

3. well first thing that stood out to me, is the 10-30-20 fert. Not what i use, I use 20-10-10, thats for the veg stage, then for flowering, i jsut use some good old low strength, it is what i feel makes it work on its own. It all depends on what you feel comfortable with, everyone has thier own thing. urine is easily passed through the roots too, but only once in a blue moon would i ever do that.

Lights, Floros are my fav, cool white. I get those for free so i am happy. But HPS lighting i hear is good. How are you growing, judging by saying you "Get potting soil" that you wont be growing Hydro. Could jsut switch it up later, but HPS is nice for either method.

4. HIGH All, urine does have N in it but I still wouldn't use it. So many good ferts out there why would you want to P in your plants.
    Nothing wrong with your 10-30-20 fert which would be used for Flowering...a All round vegging fert would be something like 20-20-20.

Best thing to to do to your froom is cover the holes and wipe your walls and floor with Bleach and water..kills everything. Yes a spray bottle will help keep the Humidity up and you would water when your pot "feels" light..if it "feels" heavy don't water it.

THC (Toronto Hemp Company) Store is at 637 Yonge Street, at the corner of Yonge and Isabella. Bustan Urban Gardening Essentials..Bustan is located at 81 Harbord St.

5. Thanks. But 1 more thing. (I kinda understand all of the fert stuff, but lets just say I only had the ca$h to pick up 1)...which would be the all around best...and if i had enough for 2 different kinds...which 2 would be most useful, and @ what stages). Oh, and ya urine does have Nitrogen in it, but more amonia, so unless mj can absorb that, or you get lucky enough to get Nfixing bacteria on the roots, it wouldnt be as usefull. But ya thanks. Oh, and I dont really have a chance to bleach out this room...(cause if anyone finds out im screwed), so would it be 'TERRIBLE' if i just left it. If so, what else can i do....if really nessisary ill try and bleach what i can one of these days.

6. Unoit, i am jsut kidding about pissing on your plants. Granted it is a liquid and has perks, well it is somethign you would be smoking and i know no one in here wants piss in their pot. but, i use 20-10-10 ferts.

7. Oh, well good then, cause I realized that whole 'piss in ur chornic' thing too....It's so hard to tell sarcasm and emotion through typing. Ya, so I'll be looking into 20-10-10 as my allaround fert. Thanks a bunch

8. try taking a crap on it :) see now that is sarcastic. And dont anone do that either, cause it isnt good to play around with your poo. :)

9. lol pork chop your a funny guy:smoking: :hippie:

10. SHHH. Dont tell anyone i might be caught :)