Newbie First Grow Aerogarden day 13 issues.

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by scanline, Nov 16, 2019.

1. #1 scanline, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    I'm on day 13 from planting the seed, I'm trying out 2 different seeds, Blueberry Kush and Girl Scout (both fem)

ph 5.86
    average temperature 23.5c
    humidity 60%
    light is 18/6
    1ml of aerogarden seed starting plant food

Everything started out well but on day 13 there is definitely something wrong now, im not sure what I should do to correct it. I looks like the 2nd plant is fine but the one is definitely looking burnt?

Plant 1

Plant 2

ROOTS - Plant 1 (back right) , Plant 2 (front left)

2. just an update here

I decided to change out the water and add no food.

so the water is now clean and pH is 5.86

let me know if it's worth continuing with these guys, I'm wondering where the heck I went wrong , I started to notice a bit of strangeness around day 10 and nothing has changed :(

3. I grow in soil so I don't know much about how you are growing............but how often do you water them?

4. The Aerogarden has a default for seedlings and turns on the pump that drips every 11 hours for 60mins.

5. Set the res with 200-300ppm worth of veg nutes and cal mag mate. Ph 5.7.
    Will sort itself out soon enough :)

6. Im a new grower too but from what you have said, the temps of the water is too high at 23.5, are you using anything like silver bullet it it to ward off rootrot and pythium.... PH is fine but looks like they are definately missing something, as said above, calmag and maybe some silicone too to harden them up and start with a low dose of veg hydro nutes.

And looking at symptoms on other forums, the leaves look like calcium def. . (where the calmag comes in handy) .
    Good luck, im just waiting to run into these sorts of problems at some point.
    Maybe worth checking this: Cannabis Nutrient and Deficiency Table - RQS Blog

7. ph 5.89
    res temperature is now 22.4c (72f)
    humidity 60%
    light is 18/6

I added calmag and ppm is at 300.
    2 of the bottom leaves were dying quick so I snipped them off and the rest of the plant looks good.

What is the ideal temp for the res?

8. They say around 68f but info out there says around 68-74 (depending on where you read) ... Are you using anything like silver bullet (an additive to ward of pythium ans to keep things sterile in the water)

9. Sorry for the delay in responding I've been away on vacation. I've been keeping the temps in that area. I'm not using anything for the roots, the roots look amazing and very white, Im using 2 flat disc air stones under each plant. Still my one plant that is in the same reservoir as the other is having issues. New leaves look great but then start to quickly discolor. The plant on the left in the pics has no issues at all!?! Maybe its not as temperamental ?

Plant with issues.

Plant in same res with no issues.

10. I adjusted the air temperature to 21.5c and the water temperature 18.4 -19.2c. Humidity is at 60%.

Keeping nutes around 300 - 400 has also been effective.

I recently trimmed away anything that wasnt seeing much light.

11. About 10 days ago the 2nd plant started to dust a bit, should have noticed it was male sooner. I got it out pretty quick. it may have gotten a tiny amount but I checked the Ieaves and I couldn't see any specs at that time. Growth did slow right at that point.

12. Ya, when a plant is pollinated it stops making buds and puts energy into seeds. It looks likes it gonna have a lot of seeds. It can still have a nice high, it’ll just be work cleaning it