Newbie Advice!

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by beefbisquit, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Hey Guys,
    I'm starting my first grow in a wooden wardrobe, it's 24" deep, 31" wide, and 76" tall. I plan on growing 2 C99 or Grapefruit in soil (advice on other less stinky, forgiving plants?) and I just purchased a Lighthouse Blackstar 100watt UFO LED 6 band light. I bought a 136.5CFM High static pressure fan, and I'm rigging up a DIY carbon filter made from honeywell pre-filters, duct caps, and aluminium screen.

There's no hydro shop nearby, so I need to get fertilizer at the local Home Hardware store, I've been advised to use something close to 20-20-20 for veg, but to use 1/4 of the directions on the box? (corrections please!) but I'm not sure what to use for flowering. I don't have a ton of money, so recommending Advanced Nutrients to me is kind of useless.... Something common enough to grab at a local store would be nice.

I can easily fit x2 5 gallon buckets in half of the wardrobe, I was thinking of making some sort of partition to lessen the amount of light loss by cutting the wardrobe in half, thoughts? What should I line the wardrobe with? Or should I pain the inside white?

I was considering doing a scrog grow as well, I read that c99 is a great plant for just such a thing. Is it advised for a first time grow? I really like the idea of having the canopy contained under a screen so more light can hit the leaves as I don't have the most powerful light in the world, although, correct me if I'm wrong it's somewhere on par with a 300-350watt HPS?

Thanks in advance for helping a noob!

2. #2 mjmama25, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
    C99!!!!! This strain is so easy to grow and really mild smelling. By far one of my favorites to grow and smoke. Check out this blog about her.

http://forum.grasscity.com/blogs/mjmama25/20477-c99-strain-review.html

As for the nutes. My veg nutes are 6-4-4 and that's a good balance. In the past I've used alaska fish emulsions for veg nutes and had good results. It was 5-1-1 NPK. You really want to have a higher first number for veg nutes, and a higher middle number for flowering.

3. Awesome! Thanks for the strain tips, C99 looks like a badass plant!