newbee pc grow question: 1 or 2 plants more yield?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by earthsgifts, May 23, 2011.

1. Hello all! I've been following the forum for a while now and been seeing some awesome info. For a PC grow hypothetically...would one be able to achieve more yield with one plant using LST or two plants using LST? I have seen some crazy grows with one plant but only seen decent grows with more than 1 plant due to lack of space and clearance...usually space for only a couple of colas for each... Would sacrificing the extra space for a bigger pot for the one plant instead of two allow for more yield from one plant? Thanks for the advice in advance and sorry for the n00b question !

2. Anything? Anyone? :(

3. I never did a pc grow but have seen many on YouTube..... If u have that kinda space I would start w/ 2 then choose the nicer healthier one and eliminate the weaker.
    Ur probably gunna end up with more buds and higher quality buds by just going with one plant. Hope this helps man
    Happy Growing

4. I have never done one either. But from experience I think you would do better with one. You could max that bitch out and get a good yield. However with two if you are a noob you have a little backup. If you kill one you still have the second.

5. Awesome, thanks for the tips! I'm thinking one with soil and do some LST. A little confused about when people say "tie the branches down until you have it circled around the pot." I get the LST idea, but not sure how to properly do it when branches start forming. Would I do better to go with a Mrgrow pro rig or that JGgrow guy that sells cases on ebay, or make my own? Anyone know how to make a light trap on the intake fan?

6. You def.are gonna want to top that plant. Also when you tie the branches down, you just gently bend them, not till they break. Pull them outward from the center of the plant. That will help your plant bush out and stay shorter. You can do this several times throughout the plants life. You can start pretty much right away or wait till the plant is like 6-8in. tall or has multiple branches. Usually after you top it. On the rigs I can't really suggest much. I am a carpenter so damn handy. I always build my own shit. Sometimes just a bend in your vent pipe will be enough to kill the light. You can get vent pipe that is black on the inside, or paint it yourself. good luck man.

7. If u need to learn how to make a light trap go on YouTube and search DIY stealth grow box, thers a guy that shows you everything you need to know on building a pc style box