[Newb Help] need advice on my plant & goals please

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AggressiveMachineElf, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Nutes are hot topic, so your correct to feed every other time they need to water. Emphasis on the need!

Try and lift your pot today, wait 3 days and see how light it feels when lifted,
    It will probably take longer than a week for it to dry to a point it needs water.

I would wait a week see if it feels light, just water, wait untill the pot feels light and water again only. After that when needing to water add a half dose of feed every other again. Hopefully this will help the excess nutes in soil to be used up

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cool thanks.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Kent's advice is sound. My only comment is to try not to water near/on stem but 2-3" away for seedlings, on older plants I water where the soil and container wall meet.

4. Alright, I haven't watered it in 2 days. I took some new pictures today because she's looking really not so hot. The leaves (new growth) seems thin and there is very apparent/serious damage to the foliage, not all but some.

I went to my local hydroshop to buy some rockwool and the guy up there suggested it might be pH lockout. I made some 7 pH water and made a soil slushy and then pH'd that and it was 6.5 so that shouldn't be an issue. I plan on seeing how the pot feels when i pick it up tomorrow, the soil feels rather dry, but when i finger it I hit that damp soil about 1.5 inches deep.

I'm pretty confident this is too much nutrients like everyone suggested, heres some new pics just in case.

Thanks everyone who has taken the time to help me out :+)

Attached Files:

5. It might just take some time. Possible over watering, PH issues, new light and stress from training.

Get in the habit of tilting the pot the slightest bit to check the weight...this will tell you how dry or wet it is(this is important). She probably doesn't like being fingered when she's dry ;)

sorry bud, wish I could advise better but there's others around here that know better than myself on the soil stuff. I'm sure you'll get it dialed in, keep reading and learning all the info is out there! :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Obviously you will worry about how your plants look. Please note the leaves are less droopy altho they look worse in other ways. It's clear to see your struggling with Cal-Mag defficencey! That is what will need to be feed next nothing else just Cal-Mag water.
    Your plant will survive not having water for a few more days and I'm sure you want to ignore that to sort the Cal-Mag problem. It's still all your choice.

As I said the issue was over watering and possibly nute lock out but I'm sure that's just because of the Cal-Mag defficencey

Is the green box in your pot a hydro meter thing? Says how wet it is? That should be vertical stuck right town into the pot not just the top inch.

Happy growing, it's a big plant, she can cope

• Like Like x 1
  7. Haha xD

8. Thanks alot, ill update in a couple days :)

• Winner Winner x 1

9. Day 3 no water. She looks very sick, or at least the leaves that were damaged are in late stage death.

This is 1030 AM CST 8/24 (morning after I wrote above statements)

Tonight will be going into day 4 no water. I will be gone all day, I'll check posts when I get back to checkout any advice. I plan on watering with CalMag only.

Any recommendation on how much to actually water it (10gal pot with a Solar Extreme 250 in FFOF Soil)
    I had been watering it 1L. Ill check back tonight everyone.

Attached Files:

10. New leaves are looking ok ISH.... Cal-Mag water sounds good, mix to the concentration bottle says.
    Need to water the pot untill some water runs out bottom, the run off kind of sucks any excess water out the pot so oxygen can be drawn into the soil.

I know it's scarry but in another week she should be bouncing back and very happy

• Like Like x 1
  11. Thank you so much sir.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Hey everyone I apologize for the delay, I was in a really bad car wreck (got tboned hard enough to flip my 2021 Tahoe on the roof.. was pretty terrifying)

I ended up watering it on the 25th with about a gallon (to achieve some bottom runoff) with instructions on bottle as-directed CalMag treated water. The plant is looking A LOT better, as you guys said it would, but hasn't bounced fully back yet. Here are some pictures I defoliated the bad looking leaves some and retrained w/ the net some here are the pictures.

The pot still has some weight to it and I can feel the water in the soil about an inch down if I finger it. I do think I should probably water it tomorrow just looking for some direction as to what to do now.

EDIT Forgot pictures (the ones where it looks worse is after i defoliated/retrained XD

Attached Files:

13. I know when I've learned to do other things sometimes it takes me a while to get / fully understand things, but with growing Cannabis I really feel like I'm just missing something obvious. I really don't understand what's going on with my plant and it's becoming kinda disheartening :( I will continue pushing on, but I kinda feel like at this point this plant is just fucked and I should start over.

Is there any validity to that?

14. Hello Sirs or Ma'ams,

@Kent. @Bongsauce @Papa Puff & all those else who replied.

I wanted to give an update on (what I consider) to be a HUGE WIN as a first grow, thanks to your guidance. One of the things that really bothered me about newbs/first time growers in the myco community was people coming to ask for help for things they could probably figure out on their own and not ever say anything once they got their situation rectified. (This isn't exactly what I was doing, but I just remembered what kind of taste it left in my mouth)

OG Kush from ILGM Week 6 flower.

Anyway, here's the update. I took pictures with/without the light, I suppose I will get better at this as well. 20211117_181042.jpg 20211120_221142.jpg 20211120_221204.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. WTG

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  16. @Kent. @Bongsauce @Papa Puff

Need some last minute advice my boys, if possible.

ILGM OG Kush flower week 12. (Haven't really developed amber/super cloudy trichomes) i just noticed they were cloudy today.

The plant has had extreme stress. I introduced MOAB nute and used way too much and potassium tox'd them, and it's been sitting in the soul even after multiple flushes, causing some p serious issues.

Also my Solarextreme 250 light has been running at night (very very low light emissions) from low voltage electricity bypassing the timer ... :\

I'm unsure how long it has been running at night, or if it happened every night but I noticed it last night.

I'm just worried about if it's herming (I see new white hair growths??) and just concerned about bud rot, or any other issues from a high-stress late flower with the light issue. Please check out the pics and lemme know what yall think :)

Attached Files:

17. Good question on the herming. I'd say as long as it's dark cycle was blatantly interrupted, at least seriously, you should be ok.

Sent from my SM-S111DL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Ur leafs look ok she is fat going to take a while! If u smell any change like less dank smell. Than if they are cloudy I may take them. But I have had worse finish. Give them like 2 weeks and see if they Amber a tiny bit. Also if she quits drinking. Say she doesn't want water much like the normal 3 day watering deal ex

19. Maybe take a test nug in a week and let it dry naturally so if it house is like 40 Rh it will take like 5 days. Sample and if u think it's pretty good thx wise. Than that helps me alot too

20. Been following your thread. Wondering how your grow ended up.

Replace the finger thing with lifting the pot to judge moisture. Soil can be dry AF on top 1” and wet AF below that. Use your moisture probe to confirm what I said. Slide it down the side at 2” intervals and you can actually find the “water line”. Judging the pot’s weight is fool proof. Catalog that Purple stems and streaks ( unless genetic) are P deficiency.

Looks like you are gonna make it past the finish line.