[Newb Help] need advice on my plant & goals please

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by AggressiveMachineElf, Jul 20, 2021.

1. #1 AggressiveMachineElf, Jul 20, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 20, 2021
    Hey everyone, thanks in advance for help, here is the info about my plant.

My goals are to move it into a tent and put it into flowering, and also take clones to turn this plant (or the smaller one next to it) into about 5 plants or so to fill out an 48x48x80 tent. I also want to maximize bud yield from this 1 plant, but I'm unsure if I should top it, or try to do any kind of yield enhancing training at this point as I gave up pretty early on LST and just let it grow. Looking for advice on how to maximize this yield maybe through defoliating/some fast late stage training.

This is OG Kush genetics from ILGM. I'm unsure how long it's been in veg, etc I haven't kept good track with this at all. This is my first attempt at growing cannabis. I have it in FFOF soil and I've been feeding it GH the microbloom/grow/(forgot 3rd one, but this trio) and also adding CalMag because stem was purpling early on. Besides the purpling I've had no issues (that i've been able to see) with the plant. The light is a 125w FlouroWing (I think this light is not the most ideal right now at this point as the plant is 24" Tall and approx 24" Wide. It is in a 10 gallon pot (I think this is too large and I have some 5 gallon ones)

I really enjoyed growing this plant, and I am going to get a nice tent (large 48x48x80 probably) and a really nice LED light. I have the funds to buy anything for this hobby that I really need. Any and all advice for the current plan and future plans is really appreciated. =) Still working on formatting on this forum, i'll get it down :)

20210719_183019.jpg 20210719_183807.jpg 20210719_183031.jpg 20210719_183038.jpg

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Looks good and healthy. :)

Your light is gonna hold you back. Just looking at the plant I can see the leaf stems are kinda stretched out and there's a good distance between nodes, this is a sign of not quite enough light. Just a little bit more light or better quality lights will make a huge difference when it comes to yields and quality later.

it's not too late to train or top, look into scrog screens or lst. I personally would carefully supercrop it and bend the stem about 6-8" off the top of the soil and train the whole thing into a scrog screen of some sort. Properly training your plant to grow to the proper shape of the lighting can produce 2,3,4x more yields than not training.

..also, I'm assuming this is from femmed seeds, but it's definitely female cuz I can see some preflower pistils on the main stem in pic 3.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. #3 AggressiveMachineElf, Jul 22, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    Correct, this was an autoflower (which I assume is always feminized)

Would it benefit me if I just bought a better light before throwing it into flower right now? Or I would guess I could get some training down (I'd probably go with SCRoG) as bending the stem with LST it feels very very risky to me because if I broke it and if I lost the entire thing I would be absolutely devestated if it were irreparable

I will look into supercropping and how to achieve that also I will give it a whirl and see how the strength of the stem feels when I bend. Worst case scenario *IF* there were a break I believe I've read the plant can still be salvaged if that is correct I'll probably go for that.

I have a list of pros and cons for lights and a ton of info I haven't fully read on the most optimal lights, but I will definitely be transitioning. If I just went ahead and bought my light for the 48/48/80 tent, there wouldn't be any problem using it on this as long as it was kept proper distance I think, right?

Let me rough draft this out (Still not 100% sure on supercropping but I will look into that before I respond tomorrow)

So if I executed a super crop into SCRoG with the appropriate light and then switch it over to flower.

If I can infer from what you said supercropping seems pretty simple, but I could be wrong. Ok so

Supercrop -> SCRoG it -> Flower it with better light.

At what point would be ideal and where from/what size trimmings would be ideal to take clones from this (I plan on taking probably 6-8 clones) to fill the tent.

Also, I really appreciate the input and I know I kinda carried on, just trying to figure out whats best for my baby :^) Let me know if I'm on the right track or if my thoughts are scattered. I'm hitting the sack i'll be back around tomorrow.

**EDIT** Also, I'm going to spring for a really nice LED light, the price to buy the light doesn't matter, I'm really what is after mid-top range best for the 48/48/80

4. hmm are you sure it's an autoflower? I think there would be more bud development at this point if it was.

Autoflowers are not all female. Feminized seeds are all female. Autoflowers will flower on a time period regardless of light cycle. Most finish in about 60-90 days from seed.

You shouldn't be 'switching it into flowering' if it's an auto flower. You can't really clone an autoflower either. Please make sure you know what the difference is between autos and photo period plants....double check you seed order or whatever and make sure you know what you have.

You can practice super cropping on a small branch. I've actually used pliers to mash and crush really thick stems so they could be bent. Just make sure you research it and smush the stem properly before bending.Gotta be super carefull with the big hollow stretchy stems though. You could always just kinda lasso the top of the plant instead and bend it over instead of supercropping it.

I zig zag my stems when I get excessive stretch sometimes. let's see if this linky works.. -->> https://forum.grasscity.com/attachments/44r923supercropz-png.2857793/ (yey it worked)

• Like Like x 1
  5. You are correct, I just double checked this is Hindu Kush Feminized from ILGM.

Sorry for the confusion, im not one of those lazy MFers just takes me a little bit to absorb the info after a couple runs. Were definitely working with a FEM not autoflower. Yay for clones :D

I'll do some testing with the plant and watch a couple supercropping vids and see how comfortable I feel with the execution.

• Like Like x 1

6. Hey there Bongsauce, I took some new pictures of my post-lasso plant, these photos were taken roughly 18 hours apart after letting the plant bounce back. Can you tell me what you think, or if I should take some other steps. Also I'm going to be buying a new light and a tent on Monday. I'm leaning towards Apollo for a tent, but for the light I'm really lost, it seems like it's hard to find good information through the big money SEO/Ads as to find what is a decent light. Can you give me a couple recommendations for lights/tents?

I need a 48x48x80 & ideally 1 light to power the entire thing.

[​IMG]

7. yeh just keep training her as she pops back up.

I personally like the HLG quantum boards for lights. Not too sure about tents.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Cool, thanks alot

9. If you have the extra money to spend, you really can’t go wrong with a Gorilla Grow Tent. Even their lite line is better than most.
    Plant looks good. Best of luck

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks, I've been looking at em all day :D

11. Hey there, so I got 2 HLG rspec 100 lights (for flowering) and I got a 48x48x80 vivosun tent.

Unfortunately on the first night my plant fell on its face in the tent, and it's taking a slow recovery. I think it's too hot in the tent (the wall is 75 F the plant material is 83 F and the soil is 95 F) I don't really know what's the first thing I should fix, will I just have to vent A/C into the tent?

Here's some pics 20210802_210828.jpg 20210802_210820.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  12. You definitely should get an extraction fan and filter set up if you don't have one. Did they come with the tent?

They look thirsty. Keep in mind those lights are way stronger than your previous lights. Check if they need water by lifting the pot and checking the weight of the soil.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Got to get a real light. See how lanky it is. I was worried it's a male??

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm getting it setup rn, will update after. I watered it 2L earlier, no nutes.

I'm pretty sure this is from heat stress, the soil was 90F before I vented A/C in and set that up, now I have A/C vented in (haven't setup the carbon filter fan thing yet, doing it now) But I feel like I'm dealing with heat stress. I just really want it to live, so I'm trying to fix it the best I can. Will update after I setup the fan

The temps inside now w/ the vented A/C are walls of tent are ~70F actual plant is 72F and the soil (top is 74F)

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's definitely a fem OG Kush seed from ILGM. Unfortunately the first night in the tent it fell off the box i had it on (on the soil side of the cloth pot and spent the whole night turned upside down) So the plant is undergoing EXTREME stress right now, then it was very hot (94F Soil temp) for ~2 days.

I'd be really surprised if it makes it, but fuck it I'm gunna try my best.

What do you mean "real light". Is there a problem with Horticulture Lighting Group quantum boards? Was recommended them a lot by what seem like legit members of forums.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Well u don't have enough light I mean!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Ok thanks, I appreciate it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. sounds good man. I bet it will be fine...these plants grow outdoors in much hotter temps...they just need enough water and airflow to compensate.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It's looking really bad. I took a close up pic, do you guys mind checking these pics out and just telling me what's going on, this is the last question I'll ask I promise.

So there is some extreme purpling in the newer growth (the older/more established growth looks fine) obvious bleaching and wilting. There are also little hairs growing out I've circled all the things I'm talking about. What exactly is going on?

Like I said, I think it's just a mix between heat stress and it falling, but I Just want to know for sure whats happening and use this as a learning experience, you guys seem to know what you're talking about.

20. 20210803_165525.jpg 20210803_165538.jpg