New

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Fatherpot, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Sup I'm new to grasscity in a way always came here for answers though lol...I don't know if this is the right forum or whatever but I have some questions to ask
    1.growing weed with dirt,plain water ,and using the sun for light is this a waste of time? Can't really afford all that other stuff
    2.growing weed in the fridge is it possible or will it be to cold

Sent from my SM-G360T1 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  2. unless you have access to very fertile outdoor soil, dirt wont be worth your time.
    no you cant grow in a working fridge. why would you want to?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Check into the no till thread or the organic living soil mix for beginners thread. I started there when I switched to organics...I'm now using organic soil I built myself it was pretty easy and I'm doing water only with the occasional aloe or malted barley grain tea never had better plants. U can check out my journal of u want. I would be happy to help if u choose that route

Sent from my XT1526 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. And if u plan to use the sun as light u gotta do it outdoors lol. I don't know much about outdoor gardening but I got a Mars hydro led light for 100$ and it works great and if u think about it how much are u spending on bud? You will make your money back in one harvest the soil I was talking about is reusable as well so it's kinda a one time investment sorta thing

5. 1.: Yes. This is how plants have grown for millions of years.
    2.: No. Disconnect the power from the fridge first.

Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 1. yeah sure they will grow in dirt. will it be good meds or an amount that will be worth the trouble and risk of growing outdoors? hell no. there is a difference between keeping a plant alive and getting a worthwhile harvest of decent quality product.
    2. disconnecting isnt enough. without heavily modifying a fridge your plants will die from lack of air and heat build up from lights (fridges are built to insulate heat). not to mention most fridges dont have a huge amount of room inside.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I am aware of this, it was just a sarcastic response to what I presumed was a troll post

• Like Like x 1
  8. Freezer is way better dood.

Trust me.

J

• Like Like x 2
  9. Yea dark moist soil and idk now that I think about it

10. Never understood how people have the money to smoke pot but can't afford to grow it. I'm probably one of the poorest people here, hell, I'm using my neighbors wifi. Instead of buying some bud I went and bought a 400watt light and haven't bought anything since my first harvest, then before long I had enough to buy another light, it's amazing what you can afford when you're not spending money on weed. Soon I might even start paying for internet access, but I doubt it

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 5
  11. It just when I have it it never comes to me and I don't usually think about growing till I buy a dime or a nick lol and that's like every 2weeks

12. setting up a grow is an investment no doubt. most of it is upfront you need to set up an area buy pots soil additives..then you need seeds...but it all usually pays for itself with 1 grow.

if you're on a budget why not start a single plant using CFL lights. u can build a grow box with some 2x2 beams and panda film. im sure if you google "cannabis budget grow" you can get plenty of ideas.

13. I started bag seed under a household CFL and when I saw how easy it was and how big it got under that light I had to get hid lighting, maybe that's the best thing to do,start any seed you find under a little light, it will motivate you to save money for a strong light. Go ahead and start a worm bin or compost pile while you save money, organic's can be a super cheap to grow way better bud than that expensive Chem shit people think they have to have. I wish I could of found GC before I started growing, things would of been different. Get a good light is first and foremost. Save that money, a $100 light can grow half pound of dank

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ikr!! I havent bought bud in almost 2 years as a matter of fact I smoke an oz a week and probly have a years supply stocked up plus money to spare I spent well under 1000$ for the initial set up now it's really only the power bill I gotta pay for which isn't that much more than it was before it Costs way more to buy it than to grow it otherwise no one would sell it

• Like Like x 1
  15. That's a beginning

Be well...