New York....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by zairo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. What a step in the right direction. This is how it starts!

2. Congrats new yorkers

3. Bloomberg finally didnt do something stupid.

4. Im confused though.. what about misdemeanors? I got caught last summer with like a gram and got a misdemeanor. Went to court it got dismissed. Anyways does this mean they are done with those as well?

NVM

5. This is all I have to say:

Attached Files:

6. That's great for the city but what about the rest of the state

7. Exactly. I feel like they're waiting for NYC to be on the same legal system as the rest of NYS (L.I and Upstate) to make one power move to possibly vote for Medicinal or Recreation use.

I know on L.I you wont get arrested for possession you'll just get a summons to court.

8. Come on new York. Finally a good decision was made.

9. how about the rest of the country:eek:

10. I don't get it. I thought it was only new york city? or is it the entirety of new york?

11. So can you get in more trouble now for large sugary beverages or a styrofoam container than you can for pot? I was flipping through channels on tv and heard them talking about this on Fox News (not my normal source of news but it certainly stood out).

12. nah that article is only talking bout NYC.

13. The believe the article is refering to NYCs "stop and frisk" policy. Basically if an officer in NYC asks someone to turn their pockets out and they have a small amount of weed, it's no longer just possession, but in public view and allows them to arrest the individual.

Most everywhere else in NY anything under about an oz is a violation (fine) and not a criminal offense, because it is decriminalized.

14. decriminalized is a understatement. You get caught with it once its a slap on the wrist. The next (or couple times) you'll have court dates out the ass and you know how the legal system is they'll milk the fuck outta your time and money.

15. still pretty shitty they take you in to "check for warrants"

they could do that with mobile computers...

16. Smells like BULLSHIT.