New york

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Haru66, Aug 25, 2012.

1. Is there anything I can do to help push for legalization for new york?

2. Vote Cuomo out of office

3. It's pretty much nothing we can in NY, we have too many issues with terrorism, cops, and money. People heads are still too far up there butt to realize the benefits. Hopefully with luck by next summer we'll be legal

4. NY has the some of the most restrictive laws of any state. I doubt we'll see MM freedom anytime soon.

5. Idk bro I think we have a good chance soon...but I'm in Long Island not NYC so our cops don't give us as much hassle out here

6. I'm not sure what you guys are talking about.. New York is, from the information i've found, on the edge of medical. It's been rejected by the senate 2 times, and passed by the house 3 times. The senate has yet to vote on it for a 3rd time, who knows what could happen. Cuomo is advocating against it, but let's be honest it's an election year. Cuomo has in multiple speeches though said that he isn't shutting the door to the idea, he just hasn't had enough information yet. I mean it's decriminalized here.. cuomo also recently tried to get the Marijuana in public view law changed from a misdemeanor to a violation like a UPM. It may not be soon (like this year), but It's definitely a topic being discussed in New York and could happen sooner then you think.

Stay high my illegal tokers :smoke:

7. Cuomo is a idiot regardless but when NY becomes legal the 1st dispensaries will be either upstate or on Long Island. The city is to sensitive with the rest of the issues going on out there

8. #8 Jumbo, Sep 9, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2012
    Being born and raised on LI almost everyone smokes weed lol. Everyone will take some weed everyone once in a while, i even know cops that admit they wish they could smoke.

As a kid cops didnt give us any shit, just made us leave where we were hanging out and clean up any cans and shit.

NYC is a different story but NY isnt a bad state really. Its a ticket under 25 grams...

http://norml.org/laws/item/new-york-penalties-2?category_id=876

9. [quote name='"Jumbo"']Being born and raised on LI almost everyone smokes weed lol. Everyone will take some weed everyone once in a while, i even know cops that admit they wish they could smoke.

As a kid cops didnt give us any shit, just made us leave where we were hanging out and clean up any cans and shit.

NYC is a different story but NY isnt a bad state really. Its a ticket under 25 grams...

http://norml.org/laws/item/new-york-penalties-2?category_id=876[/quote]

So true my fellow Long Islander

10. [quote name='"herbalZen"']

So true my fellow Long Islander[/quote]

That under 25 grams shit is a joke. Maybe in LI but in bk these pigs will take u in for half a joint

11. [quote name='"bklynboi85"']

That under 25 grams shit is a joke. Maybe in LI but in bk these pigs will take u in for half a joint[/quote]

Yea NYPD well NYC for the not doesn't really abide by state laws I've realized but on Long Island cops have bigger drug problems to chase after besides marijuana plus we're the suburbs so the cops also try to keep the recent increase of guns in LI down. So you could see why our cops are a lot more laid back with marijuana

12. I'm upstate (capital region), and yes you're correct the first dispensaries will definitely be this way. The marijuana laws are so laxed up here, it's actually kind of ridiculous. I was hot boxing my car one evening prior to a movie and a cop pulled up behind me. After rolling down my window and the scent hitting him, well he clearly knew what i was doing. I was upfront and said i was smoking weed, and the only think he asked me was if i was breaking into houses in that area. Of course i said no (because i obviously wasn't), and the cop just responded he didn't care that i was some kid smoking weed because he has better things to worry about and just drove off. That was an awesome day, because even law enforcement is realizing it's nothing to arrest a kid over. The damage that would do to their record and then the repercussions (such as employment and such) far out weighs the damage anyone does to themselves from smoking weed.

I can't speak for NYC at all, i have no idea what it's like down there but i believe that they are strict with their enforcement.

I also think that legalization will be here sooner then we think just because Mass. is going to pass it, and once our government sees the massive amount of tax revenue they are generating then we will soon follow suit.

Regardless if your enforcement is lax or strict, once it's legal just flash that medical card and keep tokin'.

As always, stay high my fellow New Yorkers

13. the trick is if its out in view its an automatic arrest lol

the NYPD will fuck anyone that they can, i said that in my post lol

LI is mad chill though

14. Honestly it depends where you live, I live in westchester and the cops have worse problems to deal with when it comes to drugs. But that's because I live in a shitty suburbia, i'm sure it varies with the county

15. NY is pretty chill if you aren't in NYC and black or latino.
    As far as legalizing, hit up your reps every way you can. I Email, facebook, tweet, and occasionally write a real old fashioned snail mail letter. Support Norml locally and nationally. And the more "out" you can be, the better (assuming you aren't a douche, if you are a douche, keep the smoking to yourself).

16. This is true. While New York has some some really strict laws in most other areas of the law, on the topic of MJ, they are actually pretty relaxed compared to other states, which really is almost un-NY like. It is decriminalized, and most cops, depending on the area, are pretty relaxed about it. I believe that NY will probably see MMJ within the next 5 years, at the most 10. Of course, this is coming from a Western New Yorker(near lake Erie), so I can't speak about the situation in other parts of the state. But if its similar to over here, then I think my prediction could very well happen.

17. Where in Westchester do you live? My hometown New Rochelle seems to be pretty lax because a lot of people blaze so it's not even a problem, cops only come if they see you causing a public disturbance but if not then you're good.

18. I've lived on LI, in Nassau county my whole life. Smoking since 9th grade, ive seen cops not do a thing to people and seen them arrest kids for smoking an L outside there house. I really think it depends on the cop, as there are those two different mindsets, your going to get those different types of cops. IMHO the justice system itself is way more fucked than the cops.

Whoever said before that everyone on li smokes is sort of true, obviously not everyone does and there are many people against it but it does seem like there are so many more people that are at least okay with it.

All of thia leads me to believe a big part of it is an age thing. I truly believe that as the younger generations grow up a lot of ridiculous thing will change, not just pertaining to mj. Fingers crossed.

19. We legalized gay marriage last year mmj should at least be next.

20. Nothing is ever going to happen until the democrats win back the senate. NY republicans are too hardheaded and too closed minded.