New York State set to Legalize Recreational Cannabis

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by bewiseman, Jan 16, 2019.

1. I wish you the best of luck man. The DA told my public defender they are so close to passing recreational marijuana that they will not prosecute small growers like me. They want us to plea out. I only had 3 in flower and 1 outdoor plant and 3 or 4 seedlings when they busted me. MS screws with my brain at times. I honesty can't remember if it was 3 or 4 now.. I did have a large selection of jarred bud, butter,oil,tincture and capsules. But, they could tell it was a personal use grow. They got my notebooks and within them I noted how every strain and phenotype within the strain worked for my nerve pain and my MS. I agree, everyone I know that uses shops in Mass. and that's where all our tax dollars are being lost. NY state politicians are greedy crooks that could care less about medical need or those that suffer. BTW. Everyone using the plant of life has a medical need.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Thanks dude, I'm gonna need some serious luck. Don't think I'm getting outta this one without doing some time. What luck too, the yr of legalization! I just pray the new laws are similar to MA's, they don't have any felony charges for possession anymore and with these expungment bills that would mean I wouldn't have to carry around any felonies with me through life.....

Never become complacent! When you think it's safe is when your in most danger!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes they are shooting for April 1first can't wait for it to be legal here in New York state

• Like Like x 3
  4. Kevin, I really hope it happens for us. But, with the mob boss in office I don't see it happening and never with the right to grow.

• Like Like x 2
  5. I do hope your wrong ;) but, I hope medical patients can grow, last I seen this was on the list, but like the weather here, it can change in a minute

• Like Like x 2
  6. I personally don't bother with the medical part. I've been on disability since 2001 yet I need to jump through hoops and beg for permission from NYS? Then be penalized for the option of medical marijuana with medical card fee's I can not afford. Just another tax racket from the mob boss.

• Like Like x 1
  7. ditto,as soon as they know you grow,they got you!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I'm on disabilty (ssdi) and didn't pay a dime for my medical card

• Like Like x 1
  9. #29 TimJ, Feb 27, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2020
    You likely see a doctor on a regular basis. I don't. Or is there some loophole I don't know about?
    I'll talk to my sister when she gets off work. She is a LPN in NY state. She does medical marijuana certification. I've never heard of free cards.

10. I guess you didn't read well when you registered, it's been like this since day one

Information for Patients

Under

How to Register

3. Pursuant to the Compassionate Care Act there is a $50 application fee; the Department is currently waiving the $50 fee for all patients and their designated caregivers.

Medical Marijuana Program Certified Patient/Caregiver FAQs

Under

Do I have to pay to register?

A non-refundable application fee of fifty dollars ($50) will be billed to you at a later date. The Department may waive or reduce the fee in cases of financial hardship.

I personally don't know anyone who paid who can prove hardship, I am permanently disabled.

11. #31 TimJ, Feb 28, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
    Never registered. Their garbage doesn't work for me. I need whole plant matter to obtain THC-A for my MS.
    When I was arrested the judge asked why I didn't just get a medical card. He received the same response. I'm happy their THC/CBD products work for you. It doesn't for me. I can't take the high of THC and the CBD didn't do a thing for my MS.

12. I guess you didn't read my posts either

Where do I say it works for me????

I have CRPS/RSD type 1 Stage 3 (Complex Regional Pain Syndrome/Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome), RA (Rheumatoid Arthritis)

This is what I live with

McGILL Pain Index and CRPS or RSD

I grow, but rec users will be screwed, you know that because you live in ny.

13. I don't remember you saying it didn't work for you either. Why do you even care if your not a NY state resident?

14. I am not even going to reply anymore, I am guessing your college educated because your reading skills suck, or your lazy

I am from New York, read the 2nd post on this thread.

15. This is the second post?
    Where does this mention you live in NY state. Your right I don't care to communicate with you either. Your just to smart for the likes of me.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Thank the cannabis gods my grand-kids are to

If you look at someones profile

piper²
    Well-Known Member, Male, from Buffalo,NY

17. Well another April first is almost here.

too bad Cuomo has done nothing significant other than pandering.

get your shit together cuomo your killing NY

why do think people are leaving ny in mass numbers.
    The only bad side is it sounds like it’s going to be taxed worse than California. Glad I’m in neither place lol
    Legalize

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. I agree kush70. The articles I'm reading are suggesting a total tax by the time the consumer gets it near 60%. The black market will thrive and NY state will become another California. And Cuomo is seeking advise from NJ and Conn. 2 states that do not have recreational marijuana,stupid is as stupid does. Now, he's going on a vacation to Colorado,California and Illinois to gather information on their programs. But, he is against home growing?

• Like Like x 2
  19. From what I read he was wanting to allow growing.
    He’s already wasted too much time.
    The black market is going to thrive beyond belief but hey be a greedy politician scumbag What do I know

Hey cuomo stay the fuck outta Colorado
    Keep your brand of special in ny

• Like Like x 2
  20. The last thing I read was 4 plants for medical patients only. With the right to have officers enter your home to inspect your grow without a warrant at any time. Violating our 4th amendment.

• Like Like x 1