new user thought id share my grow, dr60 250w hps with pics

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by organicthc, Nov 16, 2011.

1. ok so here we go an update as promised.
    first up we have the chiesel who has just started week 5 of flowering. well to put it simply she stinks! however she smells little like the cheese but has a much more grapefruity diesel whiff about her. not sure if you can really tell from the pics but shes getting pretty frosty. have started to notice what looks like a bit of a phos deficiency on a couple of the leaves, shown in pic 6 below let me know what you think, checked ph and it seems to be fine maybe she just needs a heavier hit. any1 know of any organic phosphorous additives?
    anyway other than that she seems to be coming along fine looks like its gonna be a good smoke still got 9 of these to pop so looking good.
    anyway here are the pics, plus a generic group shot for good measure. (oh and if anyones interested front left is the chiesel, front right is the diesel and the fast neville's haze is at the back)

Attached Files:

2. next up we have the dinafem diesel. shes the youngest of the plants, planted due to a greenhouse freebie failing to pop. she wasnt topped like the other plants but is looking like she will be a good producer. she has a really sweet fruity smell and is a very stout robust plant. impressed with this strain so far may well try dinafem again in the future. now the pics

Attached Files:

3. and finally here is the fast neville's haze from female seeds. at first i didnt really believe what i read from the breeders of this strain, an almost pure nevilles haze which flowers in 7-9 weeks, so was a bit dubious about this strain in general. however i am slowly changing my mind. it is definitely sativa dominant and has realy started to fill in over the last few days. she was topped which went wrong or right as i accidently fimmed her and now she has 6 chunky colas which are starting to frost up nicely. her smell is not as pungent as the other 2 and not fruity but more piney. hope it turns out to be a good smoke as it looks like this os gonna produce the most. now for the pics, the last 1 is the mutant top that got burnt but looks to have recovered now and is throwing out new white pistils.

Attached Files:

4. Nice update...I've got a fast Neville bean waiting in the wings so it'll be nice to see you finish her up...Great work:hello:

5. thanks man. these girls have just finished up their 4th week of flowering and im expecting at least another 4 weeks on each and possiby 5 or 6 on the diesel. was thinking about a staggered harvest on the fast nevilles maybe cut 1 cola at 7 if any look ready then 3 or 4 at 8 weeks and leaving 1 or 2 for 9 maybe 10 weeks just to get a feel for when is the right time to chop this strain as from what ive seen so far ill probably do another run of them. keep checking in as ill try and update at least once a week, maybe more if i find the time, so you can all see how these finish up. have also made a small veg box and have been researching bonsai mother plants as space is particularly limited at the moment, im going away for a few days but when im back hopefully ill set it up and snap a few pics.

6. Looking good man! Is your carbon filter cotroling the odor ok? Mine are starting to get pretty skunky, going to install a filter tomorrow if it comes as scheduled.

7. hey ishum, yeah the filter is doing a great job. there is still some smell leaking but just smells like some1 smoked a bowl in the room. have you set yours up?
    also quick update went away for 4 days and came back to a bit of night mare in the tent. the spots on the chiesel have spread rapidly and she is not looking too pretty also noticed some spots on the haze and some clawing on the leaves of the diesel. checked the ph and all seemed ok but decided to check again and got a completely different reading. decided a new digital would be needed so picked 1 up and holy fuck my last 1 was out of whack! turns out my ph was about 5.2!!! so they will be getting a flush with ph neutral water todayto help clear out the soil and hopefully get th ph back in check. only about 3 weeks to go so im not too worried as i should still be able to get these girls to harvest. will try and snap some pics later as well.

8. Yeah It's all hooked up and the smell is non-existant outside the tent now =) Sorry to hear about your PH troubles, I'm all to familiar with that with my current grow.

9. How goes it?

10. hey uncle. well things are still ticking along here, just, although things could be better. turns out my ph meter was fucked and for how long i dont know. got a new 1 turns out my ph was way low, schoolboy error i know. anyway all the plants got a flush about 3 days ago with ph neutral water and being so close to harvest im just gonna leave them to it. not sure if theyll all survive till they will be at their best for harvest but who knows. gonna give them one more feeding then start the flush. anyway pics say it louder than words, these are from the day i did the flush, all are labelled.

Attached Files:

11. They look fine mate, great stuff, soon be time to say fuck the PH and flush them ladies!!

12. [quote name='"unclegid"']They look fine mate, great stuff, soon be time to say fuck the PH and flush them ladies!![/quote]

Hey man cheers. Well I gave the girls another feed last watering which was 2 days ago so think I may start the flush on the chiesel and the fast Neville's haze from the next watering. The diesel however may get one more feed as it is about 5 days behind the others, not sure though may decide just to keep them on the same schedule and harvest the same day to make life easier. Will also be dropping some more beans soon to get the next grow started, not decided if I want to do more chiesel yet as I have a variety of strains just waiting to grow.

13. What are you fancying next mate:confused:

That's always the hardest part for me now (touch wood) I seem to have cracked growing healthy plants each time. Don't get me wrong they aren't dialed in but I don't suffer with the many problems I had when i started out growing indoors.

The few strains I have grown more than once have all done better the second time around as I have known what to expect. The lsd I'm running now is a good example, I knew she was hungry as fuck in flower and didn't fear burning her.

It's took me a long time to get things right without the use of EC meters and the like but I kinda feel it now like I used to outdoors rather than looking at a number on a digital device. My most technical component is some liquid ph tester which has lasted me over 3 years :ey::eek::confused_2:

Anyway I digress, lovely plants, lovely grow in something people don't expect you to pull much off from:eek:

The DR60 isn't the end of the world, mine has served me fucking well and you sure are on the same route. You might get some hating if you pull a heavy yield :p

Let me know what your going for next time around, or maybe what I should run next time around:smoke:

Peace and Merry Xmas.

Gid

14. Looks great man! Can't wait to see the final product

15. check this one out man this leaf has 16 leafets its a baby white rhino plant. every seed ive had from greenhouse has ether failed to germ or had some sort of retardation.

i think the greenhouse seeds company should change its name to the shit-house bag seeds company

Attached Files:

16. They don't have great rep, that's PH:mad:

17. Defo not PH just flushed after finishing with formulex and the nute mix is just right. also all my other plants are fine all from sweet seeds. here is my greenhouse seed count 1 failed to germ 1 was utter tosh so threw it away and this one is mutated so they can shove there seeds up arjans you know where.

I contacted greenhouse never had a reply yet. but the company i got the seeds from gave me store credit and apologised on behalf of greenhouse so il be getting more sweetseeds seeds and il get a super sour og seed too :D

18. hey man well the strains i got just itching to be grown out are more chiesel obviously, s.a.g.e from th seeds, heavy duty fruity from th seeds, some unknown sativa straight from thailand (a present from my best friends thai girlfriend for being godfather to their child, really want to grow these but with the new space limitations this looks doubtful for a while), an f1 cross of dj shorts blueberry female and a mr nice black widow male (gifted to me by a very close friend in exchange for a clone of a particularly nice th seeds darkstar i had which unfortunately no longer exists), and a greenhouse seeds coloured selection pack including arjans haze 1 and 3, white rhino, white widow and a.m.s (this was bought in defiance of the hype and bullshit surrounding ghs in order to decide for myself once and for all whether their genetics are garbage or not, however i am now too scared to pop em just in case i realise i wasted my money). the ghs and the chiesel are fems while the others are regs. however what with attitudes lucky 7 promo in january i may be thinking about grabbing something else, thinking maybe some thing from cali connection and then growing out a freebie or 2 as well.

have to say im pretty impressed with the dr60. ive achieved more out of it than i thought i would and im pretty sure with what ive learned of this first run in it the next go round should be better, not perfectly dialed in but at least more appreciative of the limitations and benefits of a tent that size (for example with lack of height and only a 250 to work with next grow will probably be a scrog or some heavy lsting as canopy penetration is not great). if the only hating i get is for a heavy yield ill be happy

however there is some bad news from my way. i had to go away to finish up some work before the christmas break and on my return i found the fast nevilles haze close to deaths door!!! nearly every leave was a sick yellow colour and the top fan leaves were heavily heat burnt. turns out while id been away the mrs had turn the heating on full and shut the vents in the spare room so the temps went up massively and as the tallest plant she toook the brunt of the heat from the light. add that to the ph imbalance and she is not looking good. shes gonna get a watering 2morrow and i think thats gonna be her last and she will come down in about 3 or 4 days. this will be about a week and a half early from the looks of her but its got to be done. the chiesel isnt fairing much better as she is suffering quite a bit again from ph problems however she shout live to finish the week and a half shes got left but the yield and smoke will suffer. the diesel however is looking alright. only problem is a little leaf clawing from the raised temps other than that looking good. she looks to have about 2 to 3 weeks left on her so she'll probably get 1 or 2 more feeds and then start the flush.

peace and merry christmas people

19. hey man cheers for popping in. ha ha shit thats freaky, got 1 of those white rhinos better never had the balls to actually grow it out

20. cheers phyking. hows your grow doing? will have to swing by your journal sometime soon.