New Type of Setup, More effective than 1000W?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by jonneyblaze, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Hey everyone
    Heres my deal…I am starting my first grow in the next month and don't want to waste too many expenses cause I know im gonna be doin this for a while…I can spend almost anything on setup to a reasonable amount. So I came hear to test out some ideas…
    My area Im to grow in is 4.4 x 3 x 8 Feet. I was going to get a 1000W HPS light but then I got another idea im not sure will be as effective but that's why im posting right now.
    The other idea I got was to get a 450W, and 2 250W HPS lights. My thinking is that I put the 450Wer above the plants and then the 2 250Wers on the walls beside the plants to allow more light to get to the bottom branches, therefore allowing it to grow bigger and better on the bottom.
    However, do I have to get a different kind of light for the sides, heard something about special horizontal lights or something???
    <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>
    Now my initial concerns with this setup is for one that the plants will start to stretch sideways but I don't think that's too big a deal, because ppl train plants all the time to grow horizontally right??
    Next, will the plants get too heavy and which case ill need to tie them up ect. Again not to big a concern, just something that can happen.
    <o:p> </o:p>
    If there are other worse things that can happen can anyone let me know. So pretty much my question is, is the one 1000W HPS light going to work better than the combined effect of a 450, 250, 250 lights??in total the second system will put out a total of 950W so pretty much they have same total wattage…
    And if anyone has a better system that can work, im all ears…remember, cost isn't too big a factor, but be reasonable…
    Thanks to whoever reads this post…and if you don't stick around for this thread, look for my grow journal in about a month.