new type of leaf??

Discussion in 'Plant Training' started by bearleethinkin, Nov 16, 2013.

1. so i started lsting and this new type of leaf emerged...? anyone shed any light on this weird looking leaf?

1116131521.jpg

2. looks like something is munching on your leafs

3. I had a plant in my first grow that had similar things. It was a little weird mutant plant. Ended up being a male, so I can't say how it would have flowered, but I know it grew quite a bit more slowly and most of the leaves were really odd looking. Is it just 1 leaf or is it all? How old is it? Bagseed or genetics? 

• Like Like x 1
  4. #4 bearleethinkin, Nov 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2013
    so gmail is being gay and not sending pics. if you want a pic of my setup heres a link...  http://forum.grasscity.com/sick-plants-problems/1257813-leaves-bottom-turning-yellow-need-some-help.html         ive since added another t5 on top im not sure if you can see that leaf in the other pictures from this link but im pretty sure that the leaf has been there for about three weeks...tops. 

i appreciate all the opinions guys. except for the bug one. that one was funny. only eating one leaf off of a plant lol fucking funny.

5. its not insects. these are indoor plants and very controlled. you dont know if its a male until you start flowering but from what i can tell so far its a female. it has the hairs instead of balls. its about a month and a week old. its bagseed genetics. BUT since i dont live in a state where its legal, ive resorted to backstage genetics. its a headband plant. i bought ten with the guarantee that 7 out of 10 would be female. its just this one leaf. all the other leaves look completely normal. this is my first grow in soil, ive always used hydroponics, im kinda a beginner you would say. ive just never seen this type of leaf before...? thanks guys. ill post pics of my entire setup.

6. You can tell most of the time if it's a male or female if you veg your plants a long time. I usually like a long veg, so usually when they are getting older and mature they will show a lot of hairs and whatnot. You can usually tell on a mature plant. That being said, you can still definitely know a few days after your flip to 12/12. 

7. yeah i assume that after while, such as an embryo, has to show the sex; whether it be a hermaphrodite, male, or female after a certain incubation/growth period. i can definitely see hairs on the stem and newly forming stems. i believe that it will remain female unless i stress it out beyond reason.

8. im thinking that when i topped the plant it might have encouraged this strange leaf. i noticed another leaf that had 7 fans on it instead of just 3 or 5. i trimmed the leaf so that the plant wont try to utilize a retarded lead. i came to the conclusion of the weird leaf looking through videos on youtube and other forums on the net.

9. It's most likely form topping or fimming which can mess up the new leaves.  I've had something similar happen

10. Looks like spinach, ready for salad. Yum yum

• Like Like x 1
  11. the leaf looks funny because you cut it in half when it was a fetus.
    they often look like that when u Fim.

from someplace on something

• Like Like x 2
  12. another question...I recently fimmed my sour diesel and it's now about two weeks old. And only two inches tall. But bushy. I've read up and these are very tall plants and even have trouble holding up buds...But mine is small. Is this because of the fimming?

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Has a ton of stems but they aren't very long...And like I said it's bushy as crap

Sent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

14. #14 marvajuana, Dec 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2013
    it could be from the fim or genetics that plant looks indica heavy to me this is a bubble gum indica phenotypeMjfrom someplace on something

Attached Files:

15. I'm steadily seeing new growth on it so I'm not so worried but ok know that through research sour diesel is supposed to be tall...IdkSent from my LGL86C using Grasscity Forum mobile app