New Tube Glass- HOSS

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by yourHIGHness, Apr 22, 2010.

1. lol @ all the haters. How can you copy a bong/pipe design? If's thats the case, everyone is copying each other since the first one was made. NOTHING IS ORIGINAL ANYMORE... it hasnt been for a while! lol
    I'd rather give my money to a Canadian artist rather than to some over priced "namebrand" glass that is the exact same quality as everyone elses glass... I'll buy Canadian. You call it shitty glass..I call it a solid piece of work. Tomato Tom-a-toe.

Haters keep hatin... Hoss must be doing something right if he's got so many.

2. #62 mcap77, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2010
    Now this is where you are wrong. Who other than sg and LW (made one I believe, but may be wrong) has made pillars? I am in no way hating on your piece...Im just saying your wrong in your statement

3. #63 sinsemillaplease, Jul 22, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
    Wow dude... open your eyes. Hoss even copied TORO's youtube videos...

There are plenty of original, innovative artists. Hoss is a low grade replication gig. Simple and plain. A slightly refined version of Weedstar.

4. we can agree to disagree :eek:

like i said though, i prefer to buy local personally. you can hate, but ill keep supporting. :metal:

5. i proudly support hoss.
    those tubes look immaculate

6. Mine shipped today! 7mm!

7. you should read the forums on gd and see why people are so upset about it. When people copy a design, they usually improve upon it. That is innovation. Hoss on the other hand, copies every other companies designes only in an inferior way. They even copy advertising techniques and everything else. It's cool if you wanna support the local guy but remember all the people hes trampling on along the way.

8. and how can you support anything by looks alone. Your opinion is valued, but you also support all other chinese glass as well

9. It's not about buying local, it's about a certain degree of principles. There are three kinds of glassblowers: tech originators, tech refiners, and just stealing.

The tech originators are people who originate designs, these are people like headman, who invented the circ, or steve hops, who invented the inline. These glassblowers are respected for their innovation and flawless construction of their own ideas.

The tech refiners are the people who take the originators ideas, and fine tune them on their own to make them better, these are people like vertigo glass with his circs, who doubled the amount of slits he could fit on his, changed the shaping, and started reinforcing his to the bottom of the chamber; or Preston at SGW with his inlines, he took hops' design, doubled or tripled the number of slits he made, and then decided to brace it, and give it a "backbone" of gridding.

Then there is stealing, the best example I'm going to pull here is hoss glass. He has directly taken ideas from just about everyone in the book. Toro's shaping on the mini double percs, SG's gridline design, and even SB boxes. Hoss takes inferior tubing to that used by Steve at SG (chinese) and mass produces things thought up by other people. Hoss has nought an original idea in their entire lineup, and entirely ignores any questions about where their actual designs came from; if you can't even admit your shit looks exactly like someone else's, that's fucked up.

Most glassblowers have a certain code of ethics when it comes to using someone else's design, but it's clear Hoss has respect for no one.

10. Agreed.

11. #72 greatdayne, Jul 22, 2010
    Please show me someone Who he copied a triple inline to 12arm tree perc from.. And that tube has zero drag.. Which i see as quality and 'inovation'

Either way Canada doesn't have many glass companys.. Other then redeye and gear that's tho only crap in our head shops.. So I'm all for a canadian company trying to make it big, atleast canadians can have some nice glass.. Stolen or not, cause really were at 2010, a bong has already been made soo many different ways, oviously a newer company will have to take on competitors styles so they can compete.. And there glass is sick and there prices are even better

I can't wait to pick up a hoss tube this summer.. Btw there new line came out yesterday which they said has 'new' inovating products.. So someone post up pics if they go to fireitup, I Wana see what they look like

12. btw quote from fireitup '9mm bongs, Lego bongs, stuff you've never seen before, it's hot'

so someone find out what these new b's look like!!.. Ya and I'm sure that 9mm is real cheap Thin glass lol

13. #74 ShatterWulf, Jul 22, 2010
    You're hilarious. The triple inline was a design stolen from luke wilson, whose done both triple and quad inlines; and the lego pieces even the name was stolen from 2010bc.

14. that looks like a nice ass bong!

15. Doing a quick google I couldn't find any lw's, which I'm sure there made but must be small limited amount..

The line came out yesterday, how can you say they stole from 2010bc, but ya if someones making a 'lego' line.. Classifying it as Lego bongs on fb is soo stealing a name..

Any kind of product works the same look at cars, cellphones, laptops.. There will always be company that's come out with the same product just drastically cheaper.. Apply's to a whole market of teen's And adults that want a wicked diffused piece but can't afford toros or lw etc

16. #77 ShatterWulf, Jul 22, 2010
    The Hoss lego peices still look exactly like 2010bc's lego pieces; 2010bc came out with them about a year ago, hoss came out with them yesterday, I bet hoss worked really hard on that one. For help finding the LW, search quadragid, its his name for the quad he made.

I'll go ahead and put it simply, because you seem to be missing the whole ethics of this issue.

If you wouldn't buy a blood diamond; don't buy hoss glass.

Those designs came from the sweat of a glassblower's brow, and to unabashedly steal from them is the biggest disrespect you could ever do.

17. Well said. I'm pretty sure the circulator was an Illadelph original.. not hedman... and the circ fixed stem is JP Toro's tweak.

18. yo man liquid chrome in barrie has a ton of hoss now

19. #80 xsploit, Jul 22, 2010
    Were not going to buy hoss bongs because they steal peoples ideas and sell em for cheaper and they still work awesome, oh noes don't buy copy cats when its better than buying actual china glass the hoss bongs are solid. You can bash Hoss all you want but it's not going to change very many people minds, everyone copies everything welcome to the world live with it. Those glass makers already make tons of money and imo there over priced.

So i guess everyone copied phx eh?