New to vaporizers please help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by dixximoon, Feb 11, 2014.

1. HI I AM NEW TO USING A VAPORIZER. I HAVE NEVER USED ONE AND HAVE ONLY SEEN PICS ONLINE. IM NOT SURE THE IMPORTANCE OF USING ONE. I ASSUME IT IS ALOT HEALTHIER WAY TO SMOKE WITHOUT HAVING TO BURN ALL THE PAPER & MAYBE IT HAS SOMETHING TO DO WITH THE CHEMICAL BREAKDOWN IDK. I JUST KNOW I HEAR IT IS A BETTER WAY TO GET WHAT I WANT. SO HOW DO I KNOW WHAT KIND I WANT? WHAT IS SO DIFFERENT THAT 1 MIGHT COST $120.00 THE NEXT COSTS $500.00? DOES THE EXPENSIVE ONE REALLY DO SOMETHING MAGICAL OR SOMETHING TO WARRENT ME SPENDING ALOT MORE MONEY WHEN THEY BOTH BASICLY DO THE SAME THING? WHAT ARE SOME I WANT TO MAYBE STAY CLEAR OF MADE CHEAPLY ETC? I HATE BEING NEW & DUMB LOL. I PREFER TO ROLL ONE UP OVER A BONG ETC.

2. I hear that vaping conserves a lot of THC, and therefore money. People estimate you get 3 times the THC delivery from vaping the same amount of weed that you'd ordinarily smoke.

Which people?

4. #5 Travel420, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
    Mostly Antoine De St. Exupery, Moe Howard, and Lou Ferrigno.

Why do you ask?

5. Its all in portability and the holding of temperatures. You want a good vaporizer that heats the bud evenly at a consistent temperature. Your $500 volcano will do that and give you a huge balloon that is portable inside of the house. The upside to paying $500 for a volcano is that it will last over 5 years. The downside to a $500 vape is that your animal may eat the balloon and that the balloon will look funny in a car.  A good portable vape has battery life and I stick with the Arizer Solo. As long as the glass is in shape I think that thing will last. 

6. Except for there is a very good chance your solos battery will be taking a massive shit before the warranty runs out. 

7. #8 lwien, Feb 11, 2014

Because I am challenging your very specific statement.   You said, "People estimate you get 3 times the THC delivery from vaping the same amount of weed that you'd ordinarily smoke."   

So let me reword my question.   Show us the study that says that you get 3 times the THC from vaping than you do from smoking, or is this just an assumption that you're making.    I'm asking this because I have been in this vaporizer game for a very long time and know a helluva lot about it, and I have NEVER heard what you just stated above, but hey, I'm willing to learn. 

Now I'll agree that you do get more THC delivered to you from vaping simply because it's not destroyed by fire before it enters your lungs, but 3 times?   Where in the hell did that number come from?

8. You have to look at what you want in a vaporizer.
    Do you need portability, or just for home?
    You, or you and friends?
    Stealth or conversation piece?
    Battery, plug in, or butane?

The bottom line is there are so many variables, and it is an ever changing market. And there is a lot of misinformation. Probably more bad info than good. Reviews should help but often add more confusion than necessary. Some units aren't as simple as just toking, there are some with a learning curve some that are so simple it's unreal. Maintenance and warranty are also concerns. But this is a good place to start.

9. Na buddy, I got my solo 42% off at a headshop no warranty.Paid $120 and got extra pieces. I can buy a new one if it does crap out but this ones is 2 months and running like new. Any other battery on any other vape is bound to lose cells quicker than solo's large battery anyway, Im going out on a limb with that statement but from my experience the longer you leave something on a charger the quicker it will crap out.

10. "Show us the study???"

Fuck that -- when did I claim there was a study on this?

You are blocked because I don't suffer fools.

I get the last word.

11. I just purchased ny first vape as well. I did weeks worth of research before i pulled the trigger. The best top shelf vapes have ceramic heaters and glass air pathways you want to be able to taste your product and only your product cheap vaporizers that are mostly made in China will give you odd tastes like plastics or other odd flavors. I ended up buying from the company 7th floor they are a us company from Colorado that make 3 different style vapes all can be had for around 200 bucks i bought the one called "da buddha" but they also make one called the "silver surfer" and the "life sabor." They all have ceramic heating elements and glass on glass air pathways. Just go google search 7th floor vapes and also check out fuckcombustion.com alot of good info here.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

your first statement is delivered as if it is scientific data.
    but I'm with iwien, wheres the study?

we dont take kindly to baseless claims in the vaporization section.

13. #14 Travel420, Feb 11, 2014
    I never claimed it's "scientific data."

There is no valid reason to refer to any scientific study.

You are an individual who can't even spell the word "where's."

I don't take any sass from the illiterate -- you are blocked:

I get the last word.

14. #15 lwien, Feb 11, 2014

True, but you made a statement that you apparently refuse to back up.    If you're just gonna throw out bogus statements like that, expect to be challenged on it.

So for anyone else reading this thread, know that the statement of "People estimate you get 3 times the THC delivery from vaping the same amount of weed that you'd ordinarily smoke."  is total bullshit.

big difference between spelling and punctuation, nice try though...
    maybe you should learn to speak in a way that doesn't imply incorrect and unsupported statements?

16. Lol 2 months and you are trying to make statements about the solos battery life? Many solos including mine have had their battery take a massive shit in under a year. That is not good battery life. Other vapes are not bound to lose cells faster than the craptastic battery they put in the solos. 

17. Guys I get bit. Travel 420 is teaching us about religion. "I have no proof of what I say, but its true so follow me blindly or I will punish you"

Back it up with facts or gtfo.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 5020T using Grasscity Forum mobile app

If you're going to follow your own quote, then please find a way to block yourself immediately.

There is a completely valid reason to refer to a scientific study, you can't perpetuate an idea without any evidence because that is where ignorance comes from. So please drop the 'holier than thou' attitude and get your facts straight.

19. Refer to a scientific study that proves your above assertions. There isn't one, so you fail.