New to Vaping

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Sneaker420, Mar 8, 2013.

1. #1 Sneaker420, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2013
    Like the title says I'm new to vaping and trying to get used to it. I grabbed a pax as a I heard mixed reviews on the atmos raw. Now I'm happy with the vaporizer as it feels, looks quality, and allows me to blow clouds. Here's the deal I just don't feel like I getting that baked. The other night I packed the Pax full of bomb sour d and started at low, worked my way to medium, then high settings. Was able to get 38 rips but wasn't that baked. If I took that many rips off my roor I would be done dead etc. Taste was amazing though. Just looking to see how you guys felt when you were a noob.

2. What? Never tried a PAX but from what I know and heard you should have been high off your ass. But then again, it might be your tolerance. BUT, a while back I read a thread about some guy who said he didn't unlock the full potential of his vaporizer until he stopped smoking completely. He said something about the smoke irritating his lungs to the point where a vaporizer wouldn't get him high enough, but when he stopped smoking completely he said vaporizing was the best thing that happened to him. That his lungs felt amazing and got higher than when he was smoking because after a while of not smoking his lungs cleared and vaporizing worked alot better. Not my story so can't tell for sure but worth telling. Maybe worth a try. Good luck.

3. I never tried the pax , but maybe you're drawing on it too fast try some long slow breaths.

4. yea. long slow inhales. have u ever coughed from it? once u get a tickle feeling in ur throat ull know u got a good hit. i tell my friends to fully exhale and take the longest slowest hit u can take and hold it... seems to always work

5. You're hitting it wrong. I don't think you should be able to get 38 hits.

Vapor takes time to form and can be slow on a low heat or a fast pull. Take longer, slower pulls. As the above poster said, wait for a tickle. if you know what you're doing you can take mindblowingly big hits.

6. #6 StillHoldingOn, Mar 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    I'm new to Can as well and was recommended a vape pen for wax. I've got an Omicron v2.5. It sounds like you're not inhaling deep enough. For me, anything more than 2 hits gets me loopy. Granted, I don't drink/smoke and have not touched anything ever (I'm in my mid 30's). When I first started, all I would get was a headache. Then one night, a took a deep hit that gave me cough. BOOOOOOOOM! I was dizzy and tried to go to sleep. My night lasted forever (from 11pm until 5am) and it felt like I was stuck in a nightmare. I felt like I was stuck in a loop and everything repeated itself ALL NIGHT! It was one of the single most unpleasant experiences ever. I had no idea what was happening. I the back of my head i knew it was the weed, but i couldn't help it. I'd remember to calm down and then I'd wig out. Now I'm paranoid about being paranoid.

I've had 2 nights of too much (more than 2 hits) and I've set some rules for myself.

* 1-2 hits MAX per day
    * No hits after 5 pm

I took a baby (3 second) hit last week at 2 pm and paranoia hit when I was going to bed. Thinking, "Will I be able to go to sleep", kept me up for over 30 minutes. I know it's all in my head, but I can't seem to let go.

Take it slow and remember, "It's only weed & you're currently intoxicated."

7. Thanks for all the advice guys. I have definitely coughed and can see myself blowing out vapor. Trust me I'm holding that ish in. I used about an oven and half and could notice more of an effect. Is it just me or is vaping just not as intense on the high? Maybe it's my tolerance or just the errl lately.