New to vaping. please help

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by juicecity, Dec 17, 2013.

1. #1 juicecity, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    Hi guys,

I've decided to switch to vaping for the usual reasons (health, cheaper, etc) but I know close to nothing about vaping. Could someone here please help me out? :)

I know that there are herbal vape pens and oil/wax vape pens. im leaning towards the oil vape pens but not sure where to get oil concentrate. I live in california so can I get it from a dispensary or do I have to get it off the streets? Is there any smell produced from vaping? downsides vs conventional smoking? prices of concentrate vs normal bud? 

Thanks!!

2. CA, if you live in an area that allows dispensaries and/or co-ops, you shouldn't have a problem finding oils and/or waxes. Even here in Kern County, I have access to Top Shelf stuff.

As for smell, you're going to get more smell off concentrates... but, at least IMO... its more of a spice smell. When vaping herb, its definitely more of a marijuana smell...

Its kind of hit and miss with people smelling it. My wife, has the most sensitive nose in the world and can smell anything. I could leave the windows open, take a crap, light a match and a candle and she'd still smell vapor. Other people, doesn't even seem to register on their radar.

With a vaporizer (most) you can adjust the temp also, which will give you heavier, thicker hits as you increase temps. However, you also have to be aware, that if you vape too low a temp, you may not release the actives in the herb, you want (THC is released at 315, CBDs between 320 - 356 and CBN is released at 365). You'll have some lingering smell with high temp vaping. However, you can reduce it somewhat by taking smaller hits.

I've walked thru Walmart with my MFLB using it, no one even gave me a second look.