Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to Toking, need some safety tips.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by k town, Jan 26, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I am new to smoking and I am thinking about using a sobe waterfall bong or a gravity bong. I just want to know what to use and not to use, such as parts. Is it safe to have a drill bit as your bowl? and I have read that the smoke in sobe waterfall bongs and gravity bongs is REALLY HOT, and that can damage your lungs, is their a way to make it cooler so that it does not damage you at all? If that is dangerous, then what else can I make at home that I can use to smoke out of besides an apple bong. And what other general safety tips do you guys have? Thanks! :smoke:

2. You could make a plain bong out of the sobe bottle instead. That would help cool down the smoke. You could put some ice in there too.
    I have no idea if sockets are safe, though. Ive heard mixed things about them. im sure it should be fine.

3. If you plan on smoking for than just a little I would suggest getting a piece, bong, bubbler, vape, whatever. You're posting on here so, I think you probably like weed enough.

As for the smoke damaging your lungs, it's really harsh and it burns really hot, but it's not any worse than any other (marijuana) smoke health wise by any significant amount, although you don't want to smoke any little shards of glass from the drilling you've done, or any plastic that melts or anything like that. Having your own piece fixes all this, but I really wouldn't be concerned if you want to do your own waterfall bong.

4. You could also make edibles if your homemade piece doesnt work out.

5. Hmm...Could you show me a link to a plain sobe bong, or a plain bong? Or could you explain what the difference is from the waterfall bong and that?

6. why dont u just buy a few papers and roll j's? :confused_2:

7. I've tried that, But i want to try something new. I heard that those gravity bongs and waterfall bongs get you really really high.

8. He probably doesn't know how to.

9. why dont you buy a real bong then? :confused_2:
    or if the age limit to go into a head shop in your county is over 18 you can get a friend to?
    EDIT: i mean really. You dont wanna smoke out of that shit

10. Im posting from my i-pod so i cant give you a link, but i garuntee that if you looked on youtube, youd find it. The difference is, when you use a waterfall bong, the smoke doesnt come in contact with water as much as it would with a plain bong, so the smoke is hotter from a waterfall bong. Waterfall bongs are way easier to make, though.

11. Don't be ghetto, buy a bong or a pipe. Small glass bongs could go as cheap as 50 bucks and acrylic (plastic) can go for 20 and they look cool.

12. This. but if you realllly want to make a g bong, you can attach a tube to the bottom of whatever your using as a bowl, that goes down to walmost the bottom of the bottle. when you pull the bottle out of the water, the smoke will come down the tube, and through the water=perculation. works pretty good.

13. to make a regular sobe bottle bong you just need a big bucket of water (I would use my big mopping bucket in case the bottle shatters) and a diamond drill bit designed for drilling into glass.

Submerge the glass bottle in the water bucket and slowly drill a hole with your diamond bit large enough to fit a downstem into. Glass gets very hot when you drill it so you need to go slowly to prevent the drill bit from binding and shattering your glass bottle (thats why you submerge it in water).

You can buy downstems, bowls and rubber grommets from headshops for super cheap. If you look at any grommet bong you will know where to go from here. Just slap in the downstem and you are off to the races.

14. Iv seen small acrylic bongs in shops for $9 even! and easy to conceal!! In bags and your room. Iv never bought one but i bought a cheap $30 glass bong :p works real good though!!