Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to this! need advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by chris243, Oct 18, 2012.

1. I've just started smoking weed in the past couple weeks. I done some research on marijuana (like how to pack a bowl and stuff like that) but it would be great if I could get some tips or advice from some pros. I recently bought a pipe, but I am still not 100% sure if I am using it right. When do you let go of the carb? And how long should you hold your finger over it? And any advice for screens would be great. I went to a local grocery store and bought a splatter screen (used for cooking) and have been cutting little circles out of that to use for a screen. Is that safe? I also have been storing my weed in a mason jar in a cool and dark part of a closet. I put a strippax sorbent in the jar to absorb moisture, but is that necessary? And how long do you think the weed will last if kept in the mason jar? Should I open it a couple times a day for fresh air or keep it sealed? How do you know if you are overpaying for weed? Any advice or help would be awesome. Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. You're not smoking enough.....

3. Like not enough in the bowl or just not smoking in general enough? haha

4. ^^ Man, your gonna get this thread closed. (Not you Chris, your not supposed to discuss dealing on here.) So about the carb, you hold your finger on it while lighting the weed. Then when you are ready to inhale it all and stop lighting, you take your finger off the carb.

Personally I don't like screens. Mainly because I don't use hand pipes very much. But yes they can be very helpful so you don't get ash in your mouth.

You don't need those absorbent pads. Your weed will last for a while, and yes KEEP that container shut unless you are taking your bud out. I, and others, will gladly answer any other questions you have. Sorry about this guy above me.

5. alrite thanks for the tips. I will take the absorbent pack out and not open it anymore unless im taking some out. One quick question- is the high better smoking out of paper/blunts or is it just a personal preferance?

6. Welcome to grass city mang, to answer your questions:

1. you gotta chief it up brah. alls a carb does is it allows air to mix in with your smoke to cool it down. if your a cheif, rapidly put your finger on and off the carb till the bowl becomes lit like a cigarette (Cherried), then put your finger on and take long drags. You'll get the hang of it after awhile.

2. not sure if what you got is safe, what type of metal is it? smoke shops have smoke-safe screen. their like a buck for 8 in my town.

3. no, its not necessary to put that stuff in with your weed, a mason jar is just fine. Now, if your bud seems a little wet with a lot of moisture and orange peel helps dry em up.

4. buddha lasts a long time in mason jars, you can store it for years, decades, centuries, whatever. You don't have to let fresh air in every now and then, bud is actually much better and easy to smoke the dryer it is. remember that.

5. prices are different everywhere and each strain is more potent then others, but here in arizona, its like this:
    - 1 gram: 10-15
    - 1/8th: 45-60
    - quarter oz: 90-120
    - half oz: 200-220
    - Oz: 300-350

find out for youself :smoking:

the reason one poster said you haven't been getting high enough is because a lot of these questions can be answered on your own over time.

i personally don't like smoking blunts if im trying to conserve but if i got some extra ill roll up a B and cruise. but i get wayyyy higher from bongs then any bleezie ever could.

7. It's personal preference. I prefer bongs. If you've ever smoked out of one, then you know that you get fucking ripped. IMO unless you have a lot of weed to go through, joints and blunts can be a waste because they are constantly burning.
    Vapes are really nice too, I know people who started out with one, and never went to anything else.
    :bongin:

8. sweet. Thanks for the help. But it doesnt say on the package what kind of metal it is. I'll just have to go buy some screens

9. Yeah, I would just go without screens until you get some real ones.

10. Actually it says they are made of stainless steel. Is this safe?

11. Should be, as long as it's not painted. Or coated or anything. Burn it over a flame for a little while.

12. Just to add, the guy that said you can eat weed straight is wrong. Thc needs heat in order to be activated. You can cook it into oils or butters though and make edibles. I just dont want you wasting weed trying to eat it raw.

13. Don't ever give a deale rmoney ahead of time if your buying something.

14. Lol who said you could eat it?! :laughing:

15. [quote name='"Terrorist"']

Lol who said you could eat it?! :laughing:[/quote]

The guy that tried selling lol. I would quote him but the mods already deleted the post

16. #16 Lakplayer601, Oct 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 18, 2012
    I mean bro I am no expert but I've seen smoking for like six months here's my two cents

1. Invest in a grinder- They are very helpful I recommend a sharp stone (Sharpstone Hand Crank Herb Grinders). From what I can deduce you can save on your weed and start collecting keif which is really really potent.

2. Always corner your bowl especially if you are smoking with people it saves you a bit of weed
    2a. If you are smoking with your friends and whatnot and you have been smoking them out for a bit don't be afraid to ask for compensation

3. Joints are quick and safer than having a piece on you

4. Be in a good environment in case you green out always have people you can call for an emergency

5.Always use a scale and don't buy from shady people

If I think of anymore I will post

17. Lol I warned him and then I saw him try selling on another thread and I was just like.

[​IMG]

18. Its been about three months now of consistently toking. I love it and everything about it. A couple weeks ago i got a vaporizer called the vapor genie and I love it also. It doesnt smell at all and I like to stay somewhat healthy since i have slight asthma. Thanks everyone for the help!