New to this game

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by TRIPSnUP, Oct 23, 2008.

1. hey all im new here and have been reading threw all these post's and have to say there is some wicked advice in this forum,i have been doing my research on this site and other site's using the search button lol and have just about got enough of a clue to have a crack at setting up my own small system for personal use and enough to pay the power bills ö¿ô...have a few question's if any1 could drop me a line it would be gd...first is,is a TDS meter actualy worth while in a bb set up ?(i know for the cost it proabally worth having but cost is the thing i want to keep down) or should i just be safe and buy the ph and TDS meter all in 1 that i have seen ? Second question is i live in a unit and dont have a atic so would that show up easly on thermal if i ran 2x400wat sodium light's?The other is just a question i thought id put out there to you experianced people and it is this....The space i will be setting up is in a closset in my room (were i live on my own so stealth is important but not totaly nessecary) and it is roughly 5feet long bye 3feet deep and 6feet high,can any 1 suggest a differant and more effect way to use my space to get more yield as i would be using white widow since it is cheap at the moment and a few peep's have already suggested it to me,other thing is do the DIY carbon filter's work as i have heard of vinger plate's etc etc also help? I know it alot of question's but since this is my first time growing for year's i thought id start with a bubble bucket as years ago i grew outdoor's in hot house...
    Any help or suggestion's would be awesome to here about and if any1 could tell me the best place to buy my seed's as im in australia and have heard of seed's never reaching there buyer's?
    Thank's all and gd to be here and reading about all this stuff and seeing some popping picture's ö¿ô
    TRIPSnUP