Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to this, any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr Faithful, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Hey, pretty new to this kind of stuff.

First high was yesterday, and jeez was it nice. Oddly, it took me 2-3 times of using it before I felt anything. Before my first high, I would get a mild dizziness and thought that's what it was like, until yesterday of course.

I'm wondering how I should use it.

What are the differences between lighting up and ingesting it?

Planning on getting more later, so what do you guys suggest?

2. Just remember, if you plan on ingesting it, don't just think you can eat it raw/untreated and it'll magically get you high. Either cook it, or mix it into something fatty (Like peanut butter) and let it sit there for a while.

Honestly, though, if you just started, I'd recommend sticking to smoking. Ingesting is harder to gauge how high you'll get, and I've seen a lot of newbies eat a few brownies and then start bugging out a half hour later and not enjoy it at all.

3. Alot of strains have creeper buzze's that kick in after a while your not doing anything wrong, ingesting it takes take between 40min to over an hour to set in, the high isn't that intense but the peak is way longer than smoking.

4. Yeah I took an hour or so reading over the cooking guides.

Probably going to try a firecracker since I don't have enough for any of the bigger recipes.

5. My only advice: take the advice you get here with a grain of salt.

6. Go to 7 eleven and get a small pipe for 10-20 dollars. Don't use homemade pipes made with plastic/aluminum bowls like most new smokers as they are quite harmful. A ratchet head as a bowl can be used to make pipes though, since its stainless steel.

I'd stick to smoking untill you read around on here enough to think you're an expert in hash/oil/edible making before you attempt them, therefore saving bud and making better products.

Just some tips.

7. Fire crackers taste like shit. jesus christ I hate them. nothin better then a good ole potent milkshake tho

8. Thanks for the fast replies guys.

Also, does cannabutter have that distinct taste as well? Or does the taste get weakened after processing.