Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New to this and new to weed

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by starbound, Nov 1, 2013.

1. So about a week ago I got some bud and a pipe and thought it was about time for me to try the experience of smoking and enjoying weed.
    I researched the HELL out of weed and came to a conclusion that use every once and a while is not bad. I came across how to inhale correctly, what good weed looks like, and what a high feels like. I also heard to start out small because over doing your first time will lead to undesirable effects. So about two days ago I decided to sit down and actually smoke the herb, remembering start off small, I put about a thumbnail amount in my pipe, lit it, and got a good hit directly into my lungs and held it in for about 4 seconds. I waited 10 mins, and nothing. I then preceded to take another hit. same size, waited and nothing. I'm wondering why I didn't feel anything? Am I not smoking enough? I know the weed I have is good. Any advice helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sometimes within your first few timss of smoking, you might not feel the affects. Just relax and try again. You should definately have enough packed for your first expierience. Enjoy =)

3. exactly what he said, don't be discouraged. Many many many people don't feel the effects the first time some don't until there 3-4th time. Take it easy and slow relax and try again. The effects will come.

4. #4 Rootsphere_Farms, Nov 1, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 1, 2013
    It's completely normal. Believe it or not, it took me 8 days before it finally worked for me. I kept hitting a bong daily knowing that it had to eventually work, my eyes would get red and my eyes would feel extremely puffy but nothing would happen. Well on that 8th day it did. Holy shit dude.

Everyone is different, but even doing just a small amount isn't going to guarantee that you won't get messed up. First time for me was unlike anything else, like a concoction of 40,000 different drugs all at the same time. I got completely messed up, and it felt like I was drifting in and out of reality. I felt like my neck was bending to the floor, and I had a clown head that was spinning around. Good times! It's something you're going to want to enjoy to it's fullest.

5. Yea it's pretty normal.

However (although their will be people that disagree with me) I believe you were smoking a little too slow. I would try a sequence similar to this next time:

3 hits
    2 minute break
    2 hits
    5 minute break
    1 hit

I'm pretty sure doing that would get you a pretty good yet not too crazy high.

6. Thank you for all the responses, I'm going to try again right now. Hopefully I will notice some changes. How are you suppose to feel with the little bit I smoke? I notice I get more relaxed but that's probably just a placebo effect.

7. Yea probably a little bit relaxed. Try my method bro, youll be golden! Have fun and don't eat too many munchies! ;)

8. You will know when it activates, you will know. You only need a small amount because that's all it will take.
    The THC will flow through your blood stream and try to attach onto your sober cannabinoid system, just gotta get enough of it to break the "barrier" of your sober mind, and once it gets in you're set. :] Keep goin' at it! Tell us how it is!

9. Ok so I just got done taking two hits and it's been ten minutes and nothing that I can notice has happened, how much in weight should I do? I think I got about .6 left.

10. I might give that a go, that might be a little to much for me. Maybe I don't know what Being high feels like so maybe i don't notice it? Is that possible?

11. It won't be too much.

The mistake people make their first times is when they keep smoking after they are high!

Just keep smoking till you feel high, I promise you will know it when you are high.

Don't fret too much over smoking slow and not a lot. All that does is make you anxious. Just smoke until you feel high, as fast and as much as you want.

The trick is to stop once you feel high. As long as you do, you shouldn't experience any of the horror stories that you are trying to avoid.

12. alright I'll try that. Could you do your best to try and explain to me what I should be feeling?

13. #13 Rootsphere_Farms, Nov 1, 2013
    .6 i'd say is way too much.. Just smoke one bowl around a .1 - .2

Hit it around 3-5 times or however many you need to finish it. If nothing happens it means nothing is working yet. .2 puts an effect on anyone that has been smoking for less than a year.

wait like you have been doing and if nothing is still working, don't do anymore, wait til the next day. The next day(tomorrow) if it doesn't work for you today. Just smoke like you have been a regular and don't expect anything to happen. Make sure you have free time, and just start doing what you would normally be doing. Keep repeating every day. I guarantee it will work.

You can smoke more if you want but no need to waste weed. 

14. #14 Rootsphere_Farms, Nov 1, 2013
    No one can, it's different for everyone especially your first time. It could range from extreme Euphoria, munchies, extreme laughter, everything should seem different, I've even heard people that get really horny, you will notice things that you never have. First time is unlike ANY other time though. Like I said earlier for me it felt like a concoction of 40,000 different drugs.

15. Dry mouth
    Tunnel vision
    Relaxation
    Increased heart rate
    Euphoria
    In depth thought processes
    Drowsiness

Best way I can explain it.

16. Everyone feels different, depending on the person, how much you smoked, the type of strain, but once you get high you know you high. Like if you think your high then your probably not high. If you know your high your high.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

17. First time smoking me and a friend wasted like a quarter of reggie rolling joints. I said I didn't feel anything until I noticed time started slowing down...

Once I started smoking after the first time the high hit me like a ton of bricks :)

Just take it slow until you feel a good buzz going, sometime the high can creep up on you.

You might want to try rolling a joint or baking a firecracker for something different.

18. Thanks for the good advice, I think I'm done with today. Tomorrow I'm going to pack it full and rip it till it's all gone. Is it possible to be a natural heavyweight? Once again thank you for the replies.

19. Are you sure you're inhaling correctly? When you inhale, act like you have been underwater for awhile and you reach the surface and take a HUGE breath in. That's the only way I can try to describe it haha.

20. #20 4 Four 2 Twenty 0, Nov 1, 2013
    It took me literally six times until I got stoned, but holy shit did I get high. Such a memorable experience, 8th grade at the mall with some friends on 4/20.. those were the days. Enjoy PM me for questions!