new to the site- need advice- vape

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by mhas, Mar 16, 2010.

1. So i am a 20 year old kid who has been smoking every day for years now. normally i am a blunt or bong kind of guy. but a few weeks ago i was diagnosted with leukemia. My parents know i smoke and all that jazz but my dad thinks it would be a good idea for me to get a vaporizer to use while i go through my chemo seeing how it is healthier. However i know very little about how to use the search part of this website(believe me i have been trying all night) and vaporizers are the one thing i know little about when it comes to smoking. I was wondering if there was a kind soul out there to breifly explain what im getting into. I know Volcanos are the best of the best but is it really worth the money? I like the bag it uses however. I was wondering if there was a similar product that was so much money.
    Thanks everyone in advance
    and sorry if this is in the wrong section... just didnt want answers from anyone but the season tokers
    1 <3- keep smokin

2. If you want a really cheap, easy to use, portable vape the Magic Flight Launch Box is only $99 and is so simple even my elderly and confused self can use it. Since you're going to be going to chemo, it might be nice to have something you can use discretely in the parking lot of the cancer treatment center.

3. The volcano is considered the Cadillac of Vape's. There are cheaper vape's out there that do the exact same thing as the Volcano but for nearly half the price. I personally own a Silver Surfer Vaporizer and it truly is the most amazing smokeing device out there. It costed me 320 bones but it was worth every penny. :hello:

Silver Surfer Herbal Vaporizer Oil Diffuser/ Ceramic heater

That is the website to there products. Some heads shops would carry this product but then again some might not. You can just order them online if your having trouble finding a store that sells one. :smoking:

:D HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :D

4. I do like the way that one looks. however i was leaning more toward the bag like the volcano has. I just dont get how there are so many vaporizers out there and the volcano is just way more expensive then the rest. I dont mind spending a good amount of money just over 500 when most of the other ones ive found online arent even close to that. I guess im trying to find the closest thing to the volcano with out such a heafty price tag? is that possible?

5. #6 lwien, Mar 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2010
    If you want to stick with a bag vape (closest to the Volcano) and would like to save some money (about half the price), check out the Zephyr Ion. See post #3, this thread >>http://forum.grasscity.com/toking-tools/566540-my-volcano-review-first-timer.html, although, I do like the suggestion of the LaunchBox for portable use. You could get both the Zephyr for home use and the LaunchBox for when you're out and about for less than the price of a Volcano.

Zephyr, Launch Box, and other in-depth vape reviews here: http://www.fuckcombustion.com/index.php

I know you're going into battle soon, if you haven't already, but I'm sure I can speak for everyone here and say, "KICK LEUKEMIA'S ASS" !!!

6. I would suggest Volcano. If your parents are putting out the cash its totally worth it. If you want a more portable one I would suggest the Iolite over the Launch Box. I have used a lot of vapes and the amount of control and quality vape you get out of the Volcano is bomb.

7. Why?

There are tons of reports of problematic Iolites, and virtually none on the LaunchBox. The LaunchBox costs less than half what the Iolite costs. I have the Iolite, and I can list a dozen things I don't like about it.

Not only that, but the Launch Box comes with a full lifetime replacement warranty. You just can't beat that.

8. well, if you are cigarette smoker, id almost recommend getting an e-cig and smoking oil from that.

Or THC oil in general.

to get the oil: THC extraction from Marijuana

9. so i decided to go with the Extreme Vaporizer by Arizer. it has a few different options one including the bag and i only had to pay 250 so about half what i expected from the Volcano. I appriciate the help and insight from everyone. I get out of the hospital first thing tomorrow and cannot wait to try this bad boy out. Now the last and final question.. does the temperature vary between machines and i just have to play with it? Or is there a perfect temp to get the most vape from your weed?

The Extreme | Arizer

if anyone has or has used one of these id love to hear about it

Thank you all so much

10. #12 CriTTer80, Mar 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2010
    I got a Vapir 5.0 for $150, its awesome, uses bags. Just saw your above post so...onto temp. my sick one. I would start at 340F-350F to begin then up or down depending on if your getting brown smoke which you dont want, varies from vape to vape.I do 360F to 366F.