Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

New To Smoking (Started Saturday...)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by KillswitchMetal, May 27, 2008.

1. Hey there, GrassCity. I decided to start smoking after going 18 years of my life and never being high. Anyways, I need to know a lot of information, so I have a lot of questions.

1. What is dank?

2. What is the full "weed scale"? (dime, nickel, ounce, etc.)

3. What is 1.0, 1.3, etc. mean when it comes to the amount of weed?

4. What is a ROUGH price range for weed? (A dime bag is 10 bucks, but the full scale....[within 10 dollars])

5. What are the different types of weed? (Not the WHOLE list, just the most used stuff and the good stuff)

6. If I smoked for my first time on Saturday and I weigh 150, how long will it take to get the THC out of my system if I don't smoke again?

2. This is way to much for one stoned ass person to even begin to want to explain, Dank is just really good weed, weed that really knocks you off your ass.....

Next stoner please answer question 2

3. Couple of weeks, there is no solid amount of time.

4. Question # 2

Weed is broken down into dimes, dubs, eigths, quarters, half oz, Oz and so on.

A dime is .5 of gram and is usually 10 bucks, a dub is 1 gram and usually cost 20 bucks, and eigth is 3.5 grams and cost 35 - 60 depending on quality. a quarter is 7 grams and cost usually cost about 100 for the decent to good stuff,and Half oz is 14 grams and is usually in the range of 150 - 250, and a oz in 28 grams and can cost up to 500 for 1 ounce.

All these prices though vary from where you live, what connects you know, the quality of the bud, etc.

EDIT: Damn Dest beat me to it. I hate when that happens.

5. i guess since i'm sober and i'm bored i'll answer these questions for ya..

1. dank is good bud usually very good but it also depends where you live.

2.dime is usally a gram of mids for 5-10$ or a .5 a half of a gram of headies for 10$ a gram of "dank" bud is usually 20$ a gram then 60-65$ a 8th which is 3.5 grams also price depending on where you live a half around my area for dank can go from 170-250$ depending on quality and a ounce can go from 300-450$ mids which is not good quality weed most of the time is likw 100-140$ a ounce then theres beaster and nug which is about 200-250$ a ounce.

3.answered that somewhat in question #2.

4. same thing answerd most of it.

5. shawg, mids, nug, beasters, headies, or dank.

6. it's prolly already out of your system if you weigh that much you prolly have a good metabalism and since it's your first time smoking. but that will soon change if you continue to smoke

hope that answered some of the questions:smoking:

6. 1. What is dank?
    It has more to do with the way it was grown and is not necessarily strain specific. A good strain can be grown poorly and therefore yielding results that are not "dank."

Nickel= $5 worth
    Dime= $10 worth
    Dub= $20 worth
    1/8 = 3.5 grams
    Quarter/Quad = 7 grams
    Half O = 14 grams
    Ounce = 28.5 grams
    Quarter Pound = 4 Ounces
    Half Pound = 8 Ounces
    Pound = 16 Ounces

3. What is 1.0, 1.3, etc. mean when it comes to the amount of weed?
    It is the weight of the weed. 1.3 grams, 2.7 grams etc

4. What is a ROUGH price range for weed?
    Standard Pricing:
    1 Gram = $20
    1/8 = $60
    Quarter = $110
    Half O = $180
    Ounce = $320
    ***Prices vary by area and hook up. This may not be the prices around you but can be used as a general rule. In most situations this is the most you would be paying for bud.

5. What are the different types of weed?
    Schwag (Low quality)
    Mids (Average quality)
    Headies (Great Quality)

6. If I smoked for my first time on Saturday and I weigh 150, how long will it take to get the THC out of my system if I don't smoke again?
    Everyones metabolism is different. A rule of thumb is 3-4 weeks to completely clean your system although it could be as soon as a week or two. This is all depending on your thyroid and metabolism.

7. For the prices not one person can tell you a price, all depends on where you live, when ppl spend over 200$ on an O i just shake my head...and a gram for over 10 dollars..OUCH.
    But its all where you live, supply and demand I suppose!

8. Sorry but is anyone else tired of seeing threads like this in seasoned tokers?

9. I guess this is the wrong section for a post like this, but nonetheless he's trying to learn :rolleyes:

10. Yea man I spend 325 an O for danks and 175 for mids cause living in the NE sucks for pricing...

11. Okay I have another question.

How much is a dime bag of Schwag?
    How much is a dime bag of Mids?
    How much is a dime bag of Headies?

(Rough ideas, keep in mind.)

12. sounds about right

13. dime bag means ten bucks. its whatever the guy gives you for ten bucks. you probably wont get more than .5 for ten bucks for good trees, you might get a gram of beasters for ten bucks, and you might get a 1.5 or two grams for midgrade or commersh. however, lower quality trees tend to be cheaper than high quality trees are expensive (if that makes sense..) you might

names are symbolic representations. they are inherently arbitrary

14. this can be all over the place depending on your location

i'd say generally:
    10$ schwag = 3-5 grams
    10$ mids = 1-2.5 grams
    10$ dank = .5-1.5 grams

15. a dime bag is always 10...

16. 1. What is dank? Dank is really good weed, it will cost about double of mids

Schwag(dirt weed/Bad weed)
    You want to avoid this stuff, it will be very brown

Mids (the stuff you will probably usually get, its green)
    a dime-1grams-$10
    a dub-2grams-$20
    an eigth-3.5grams-$25/35
    a quarter-7grams-$45/55
    a half-14grams-$75/85
    an ounce-28grams-roughly $120

Headys/Dank/Good Bud
    1gram-$15/20
    an eigth-$50/65
    a quarter-$100/120

Terms You will hear for Marijuana:
    - Bud
    - Ganja
    - Green
    - Cronic
    - There are honestly tooooo many to list

3. What is 1.0, 1.3, etc. mean when it comes to the amount of weed? when people are saying like 1.0 etc they are talking about the weight of the weed, you buy it in weight so some people use that instead.

Questions 4 & 5 are listed above

6. If I smoked for my first time on Saturday and I weigh 150, how long will it take to get the THC out of my system if I don't smoke again? it really depends on how much you smoke and your diet. only on weekends drink about 16+ cups of water a day and youll be clean by the next time you smoke

Peace man and enjoy toking :bongin:

17. Alright cool guys, thank you VERY MUCH for all of the help. It really is...helpful :p

Sourpatchkids, thanks for telling me what schwag looks like. I probably would have had no clue what it looks like (although if I did see it a crappy color I would have thought something was up)

How would I tell the difference between the dank and the mids? I would imagine dank has a stronger smell, but any way by looks?

Also, would I want to buy weed that is chopped up or clumped together as one? I read somewhere on here that if it's chopped up it adds a tiny bit of weight.

I am now getting a rough price range for some weed too, which is cool. But some people are saying a dime is half of a gram while some (not to pick on you, especially since you have me some added information), like Sourpatchkids, say a dime is equal to a gram.

18. A dime bag, is always 10 dollors, so if its schwag you should get alot more than you would dank.

Dank will look alot more like balls, these are called buds, while mids may be more leafy, also beasters- which are high mids, look like buds with leaves often times.

Dank may have purple, orange, or yellow hair on it also

19. 1. very potent tasty weed, premium buds basically.

2. dunno wot u mean man.

3. 1.0 would be 1 gram of weed, the weight of it classifys the amount to be sold.

4. all depends on your area man

5. white widow, jack herer and white russian are great plants which all yield fantastic buds if grown correctly.

6. dunno, not long tho.

and have fun dood!
    dont worry bout all of that just chill and have fun.
    your not gonna learn everythin bout the herb from one thread, it comes wit experience.

20. you fuckin said it. 10 a g between 90 and 110 an oz of high quality shit here have paid 15 a g though once but it was a one hit wonder skunk mmmmm:smoke: