New to quantum boards and led lighting

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Reid77, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Hi I have led lighting now but I keep hearing quantum boards are better I'm looking to either add a couple more led lights or I was gonna go with these quantum boards see pic attached I have a 4x4x7 tent and was told didn't need anymore than 600 watts of lighting. Any advice or thoughts on these lights would be great thanks

Attached Files:

2. #2 old shol4evr, Aug 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2021
    delete

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Those don't look like actual HLG quantum boards. There's a lot of people just like cobs that make knock off versions. They might tell you that they're using real samsung diodes but unless you know someone else that's run that particular brand and knows it to be legit diodes then I would use real HLG qb boards. They're not so expensive that I see the need to find alternative really. A 4 pack of qb120's is $125 on amazon. A world class driver for running them at full power with a dimmer is under $70. That's about $200 for a $250 fixture. Why go to alibaba and ebay?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Ok that sounds really good thank you for the advice

5. Hi Tbone, sorry to hijack this thread but I am new to QB and have a question regarding a supplier ‘invisible sun’, do you know of these guys and are they reputable? Just bought the 250w q.b kit and hoping for increased results moving from a mars 600 + vipar 450 (240w + 200w actual). In your opinion will a 250w qb kit out power those two combined? I’ve searched the web for a 250w qb kit yield and cant find anything Anywhere, do you have an opinion on a sort of yield off that kit?

6. Yes, good source for alternative boards. Invisible Sun is ran by a GC user and has boards built for import to the UK so UK users can get around high tariffs when importing HLG products. He's sending me a few boards. I'm going to be testing some myself. Onthemooch was his GC username.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. 250 watt is roughly what a 4 board qb120 fixture puts out or a qb260 slightly dimmed. Both setups are capable of about a 1 pound max potential in highly skilled hands. The qb120's are capable of up to 4oz's a board. qb288's 8oz's a board max as far as the best yields I've seen with them.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. How can you do a wattage per foot using Led lighting when not all LED lighting is equal .?
    Rating LED lights by the advertised wattage or even actual wattage means nothing because the difference in the quality of Light .
    I thought the only way to judge or rate LED light is Photosynthesis per watt ?

• Like Like x 1
  9. #10 old shol4evr, Aug 26, 2018
    delete

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Not trying to be offensive ,, but when did the word quantum physics sound simple .

• Like Like x 1
  11. #12 old shol4evr, Aug 27, 2018
    delete

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. My light bill last month for my home and 4x8 tent in vegetation was 50.81 $
    I wouldn't give up on LED lighting , but understanding how to rate LED lighting Has me baffled too.
    Don't feel bad , I would say like 90% of the members don't fully understand how LED lighting is rated .

I can pretty much make a LED light from scratch ,, doesn't mean I understand quantum physics .
    Sorry if I up set you,, just trying to explain that not all led lighting is the same and watts is only part of how LED lights are rated .

• Like Like x 1
  13. Well if you have a member like T bone shuffle advising you on which LED lights to buy or make I don't think you could go wrong .
    Don't give up,, Led lighting is cutting edge technology and will save you a bundle of money over a six year time period .

• Like Like x 1
  14. College education ,,
    First I don't have a formal education little loan a college degree ..

Education is worthless without wisdom and you got allot of miles on you brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. #16 old shol4evr, Aug 27, 2018
    delete

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. #17 old shol4evr, Aug 27, 2018
    delete

• Like Like x 1
  17. #18 old shol4evr, Aug 27, 2018
    delete

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. New technology is more efficient then old technology ….. HPS lights produce more heat then LED lighting .
    Sorry to disagree with you on this .again with due respect ..
    I believe you believe LED lights get hotter then HPS lighting .
    I can lay my hand anywhere on LED lighting . driver board , drivers , quantum board .
    Never seen a LED light come with a hood that a inline cooling fan hooks up to them .
    Never seen a HPS lights hood that didn't have a place for a inline fan to hook up to them.

But As long as your happy with your HPS lights and your producing weed . then Its all good.
    Welcome over to my place anytime ..

PS when I was born there were only 49 states …gas was 13 cents a gallon and JFK was still alive.
    And I use a flip phone .

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. #20 old shol4evr, Aug 27, 2018
    delete

• Winner Winner x 1