New to indoor growing, need help please...

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by starvinmarvin, Apr 5, 2007.

1. I'm working with a 3ft x 3ft closet 6ft high. Someone told me that I can use a HPS 70 watt from begining to end - is this true? I've always had a green thumb outdoors but I recently got some good seeds from Dr. Chronic and would like to try an indoor grow so I can grow year round. I know how to sex and clone but need help on the lighting. Also, how many plants do you think I can get in this limited space. Please be honest.
    Your friend
    Starvin Marvin:wave:

2. As far as the number of plants you would need to decide on the strain and method you are going to use. Sativa strains like to grow tall and indica strains will stay short and bushy. You can also use LST or scrog methods to keep sativas under height control. I would try two plants to start off with. Get yourself a 400 watt hps and a good exhaust system and fan to move the air. The best advice I could give is you will learn more from your own mistakes than someone else's. Hope this helps!

3. Im trying one plant per square foot. Put the plants in square pots to save space. 600w HPS/MH interchangable ballasts are nice too.:smoking:

4. i agree but you mean a 600w electronic ballast(will run hps and mh). good advice.

good luck holla back